Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MustangII Mach 1 V8

• 21-07-2005 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately due to a time waster I have had to repost my Mustang for sale.

see here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=269703

Anyone interested please PM or e-mail me.

I am a private seller.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

is that urs on ebay .co.uk looks a nice motor,best of look with the sale ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Ya thats the car.

I had a sale organised but got messed about.

I had held the car for 6 weeks and turned down a couple of other offers. 2 days before they were due to collect the car I called to arrange times to be told they couldnt get the money. :mad:

I have contacted the guys who had made offers but two had bought other cars and the third guy was on his way to the states to buy one there.

The reserve on e-bay is slightly more than I am willing to let it go for.

I have bought a house (should get the keys in a few weeks) and need to offload the car. I need the money to put into the house so am open to any reasonable offer.

thats the prob,to many timewasters and test pilots.i had more than my fair share of timewasters messing me around,they,ll all buy ontill they have to come up with the money,dreamers :mad:

I have had my share also but I was so sure that this couple were genuine. I even drove half way to meet them and show them the car.. :mad:

If they even had the curtosey to ring me I could have put the car back on the market and brought it to the shows but knwo they wait untill I call them and the season is nearly over... :mad:

c theres a bid on here already,no history on the bidder but its a start,theres also a corvette on ebay ireland looks clean,mite have a go myself :o

• Advertisement

Just saw it.

I had requested that all zero feedback bidders contact me in advance and he didnt....... I have sent him a message asking him to contact me so we will see.

You dont really want a vett though.. What you really want is a Mach1 Mustang II ;) .

edit.

If you mean the 88 soft-top its sold I am afraid...

shes a top class motor,but for me its chevy all the way,no stangs in my camp :o a lot of chevy parts lying around the sheds,most are interchangeble but to put them on a ford would be a hanging offence :D pitty u didnt get to bring here to a few shows,the best place to shift here,there a big market for them over here now ;) as u well know ;)

Hand on heart I can honestly say that she is the best Mustang II I have ever seen (and I looked at alot). I put alot of blood sweat and tears into that car.

I was looking at a 66 convertible when I realised there are so many origonal stangs around. The II is so rare that prices have started to skyrocket in the US especially the Mach 1's and Cobra's. (only the V8's though the V6's and 4 bangers are pretty much worthless). :D So I decided to look at them. Very scarce in the UK and good cars (even good restoration projects) are impossible to find. I remember looking at one promising car but when I lifted the carpet the floors were fibreglass almost no metal left.. :eek: and the sills were full of fillers.

If I had time I have no doubt I could get good money for it but I need cash for the house ASAP so someone is in for a bargin. :( Plus the fact that she is an origonal R\H drive conversion makes here even more rare..

Edit. bill you are not living in Ennis by any chance ????

not in ennis,up in prousperous co kildare,pleanty of ponys up here,put there all one horse power and four leg drive :D;)

I just dropped the price....

I need to sell this car and am open to offers.

• Advertisement

did u sell here :o

Not sold yet (am away with work) but one guy coming to look on Monday.

have a look at ebay.ie same as urs :eek:

Item number ????

Not in classic American ????

Edit.

Found it.

Silver Coupe !!!

Mine is a Mach 1. The Mach 1 is one of the rarest of the Mustang II's (after the king cobra) and the coupe will never will never be worth a fraction of the Mach 1. Is it a V8, an inline 6 or a 4 banger ?? Anything other than the V8 will affect its value (downwards).

Mine is fully restored in mint condition ! dont know about his.

Interesting find though and must find out more. If its a V'8 and in good nick thats a good price for a coupe.

Another price drop.

Now asking €11K and open to offers.

This car is mint.

Guys dont break my heart.

I really really need the cash so the car has to go. I guarantee anyone that views the car will not be dissapointed.

Any offers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Knipex
    If your mustang is not sold bring her down/up to our All American Show on Sept 3rd/ 4th in Kilbeggan,put a for sale sign on her and see what happens
    cheers
    joe

I would love to but unfortunately I am away with work that weekend and cannot get to the show.

Plus my experience at shows to date has been far from good. LOTS and LOTS of time wasters.

knipex wrote:
    I would love to but unfortunately I am away with work that weekend and cannot get to the show.

Plus my experience at shows to date has been far from good. LOTS and LOTS of time wasters.
    we all have bad experiences with time wasters,but dont forget,theres no show like a jo show :cool: id say ud have a very good chance of selling here there,big turn out every year,this year should be even bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Surely there is a better method of selling a classic car in Ireland than placing it on a motoring forum.
    The number of regular users of this classic car forum and the one at Octane is quite small relative to the classic car following in this country.
    I have had a few good results from the buy & sell - but is there any better publication. Car buyers guide and Autotrader are a waste of space imo.

I also am skeptical of car shows as a good method of selling - too much of a day out with the kids and more importantly THE WIFE :mad: kind of thing. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement