Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Too Slowwwwwwwww

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I'm telling you all Stepnaos suggestion on an earlier thread a few people to land up at thier offices with the papaers ! and a few other media poeple will get the finger our of thier ARches !!

I'm on for it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

madrab wrote:
    awww please, we could all ring the same person and shout at him until ibb realise that their service is poopoo
    Might actually be a way to get something done if you've a problem; through these boards, arrange with the others who're unhappy with the service a denial of service type phone assault against 1 staff member each week, changing the staff member of choice each week or perhaps only when the staff member no longer answers their phone or has quit. :D You'd need to make sure to get the staff member's entire name in case there are a few Stephens or whatever and it'd probably only work for ~3 or 4 weeks but I'm sure the point would be made.
    I'm sure the staff's reluctance to give their name out afterwards will also reflect upon them rather badly should any organisation begin to investigate them due to complaints, it'd probably even deter potential customers. :D (Boards needs an evil smiley!)

*PS just so you know I've no problems with IBB yet, yet to be connected, I'm just a bit of an anarchist/anti-christ at times.* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think what we need to do is get them more bad pulicity. I threatned to cancel cdirect debit and that dident work. If we got it into the papers how bad they have gone as well as all the stuff on this board they might just listen. New customers that have no net access and are thinking of getting IBB cant exactaly read all this. I know I couldent till i got IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

why dont you get it on some paper its a good
    stor for them. trust me ring em up.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Sorry I must object to the ahrassment of support technicians.

I was one for 12 months. It is an unbelievablely stressful job. I know customer are having problems but often ther is very little that a tech support person can do. Remember every computer is differnt with different software and hardware so conflict can occure that the tech support person has never seen before.

All you hear all day is poeple complaining. Most people are fine and polite but the other 10% wreck your head. Working in tech support depresses everyone I know who does it.

And the pay is crap.

Leave the poor phone suppoert guys and girls alone. It's not their fault

• Advertisement

Sparky,

Ehh your missing the point m8, we know its a hard job, we are targeting the fat cats in the head office laughing at us and the tech support guys! while they role around in our 48 Euro a month for nothing !!

Obviuosly they are being treated like mushrooms, left in a real dark room and fed on Sh1t!!

Capiche >?

No problems with that but the suggestin to harras thesame employee for a week was made on this board. That is not only wrong but cruel, and who know how it might affect the victim .

No problems with that but the suggestin to harras thesame employee for a week was made on this board. That is not only wrong but cruel, and who know how it might affect the victim .

Tech support means tech support no? if you dont get the result you want having been foobed of then the techie is not doing his job?

if they are honest and say"listen m8 we are having network issues, we hope to have it sorted by X" then people will leave them alone, people only hound when they know they are beeing fobbed off and the techie is waisting thier time!

I think its very fair !

So because someone is not doing their job to your satisfaction your going to harrass them.

The person on tech support is probably under instruction not to say the network is down. What are they supposed to do??

Harassing the person on Tech support is not the problem.
    Harass the management if you wish, not the tech support.

So because someone is not doing their job to your satisfaction your going to harrass them.

The person on tech support is probably under instruction not to say the network is down. What are they supposed to do??

Yes, and customers deserve honesty !!

also, they chose this kinda job so its tought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

Erm, as a paying customer with IBB I also pay for the third world, lieing bastard technical support who have never solved one single problem for me. Also I worked on tech support for 4 years and don't see any reason on earth that I should not rip into the ****ers, poor technicians my arse. If they are gonna do a job they should at the very least know how. The more stressed they are the better in my book, after all the blatently lie about issues, they deserve nothing better. May they eat ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

How long do Ibb have to respond to my Complaint?Been 3 Days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you're a residential customer, keep waiting, but don't hold your breath.
    If you're a business customer, they do have a service level agreement. Not sure how long it is, but I think it's a few hours to a day.

Well if they dont respond, i have been in with Comreg Management. She is waiting to see what they say before they can go future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Id like to see some sort of national coverage of thier treatment of customers.. If this amount of dissadisfaction is displayed here it's fair to assume there is a hell of a lot more unhappy customers around the country.. Anyone on boards a journalist?

I'd like to see everyone make a complaint and then get onto comreg the more get onto them, the more something might happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Well if they dont respond, i have been in with Comreg Management. She is waiting to see what they say before they can go future.

dan, send me a pm if you need some backup with comreg, I put my official complaint to IBB in on 24th June and have still not heard anything. So I would be prepared to lodge a complaint with conreg on the same day as yourself. Strength in numbers and all that...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I frankly don't see anything wrong with a targeted harassment. That's what they seem to do to customers as far as I can see - the more complaints the worse the service gets. They're getting their fat paychecks at the end of the day, a lot of people get paid less and put their whole heart and soul into their job than that gang in IBB do. I've only ever had two decent lads, Derek I think, and an Indian guy. The rest are just awful.

Does anyone have the name and direct dial of the actual customer "service" manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Something strange going on with the Bray mast this evening, check this out. Im on 1mb Breeze BTW

22july1lw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

That's not that bad, Check this out. Supposed to be 2mb.

22july2240.jpg

I'm gonna cancel this thing first thing monday. Can't believe they can get away with this. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Kevin Keating is some sort of manager.. Just keep getting put trough to him.. If the girl on reception asks who's call give your name & say you were speaking to him before..When he asks to put you on to CSR than you can rattle off your complaints..

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Something strange going on with the Bray mast this evening, check this out. Im on 1mb Breeze BTW

22july1lw.jpg

Yep - upload speed seems to be gone to s**te tonight for some reason

Whoever has Official Compaint to Ibb Send me a Pm and i will give you a email to the Girl that is dealing with mine. At least we have numbers as Adey says. And whoever doesnt DO IT NOW!:D
    Adey2002 wrote:
    dan, send me a pm if you need some backup with comreg, I put my official complaint to IBB in on 24th June and have still not heard anything. So I would be prepared to lodge a complaint with conreg on the same day as yourself. Strength in numbers and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

Well I am in Artane and just did a bit of a speed test. I am supposed to be on the 2Mb line, and the speed I am getting is laughable at the moment.

Download 404kbps, upload 256kbps. I am not paying for that, so as of now until I get the speed I agreed to my direct debit has been frozen, and a solicitors letter is winging it's way to them. The tried this before when I was trying to get hooked up in the first place. They lost the case and promised no more problems (within the usual agreements obviously).

How ya mean they lost the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

i rang "tech support" yesterday, i was on hold for 45mins before i got an answer the persion on the phone change "some setting " and reset the unit but my speeds are still bad but better than what i was getting

Yeah there tech support waiting times are after getting very bad, Either there to lazy to answer the phone and they all go out the the field get straw and whoever picks the shortest has to answer or else there are loads of people complaining, They do that change a few settings might go up by 10k or so. Its very like the Problem UTV internet had a few months ago just didnt have enough bandwidth to deal with the connections but they admitted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

How ya mean they lost the case?

I had applied for broadband and was told I would have it within 3 weeks. It took 5 months to get it, despite a signed contract from them. I brought it up with comreg, and legal action was started. IBB admitted they had done wrong and a settlement was reached. However they are now in breech of said settlement.

:eek:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

getting good speeds myself on the 2 meg package

23-7-2005-speed.jpg

i dont understand why you all complain about ibb :rolleyes:

edit : thats on the ballycoolin mast.

Advertisement