Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Too Slowwwwwwwww

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

some people have no choice !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

dublindude wrote:

Personally, I don't mind IBB (for reasons which I shall not elaborate on a public forum!!)

Ah go on! We're all friends here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

irlrobins wrote:
    Ah go on! We're all friends here! ;)

:)

Yes, but IBB are not my friend, and I am sure they are reading this post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

dublindude wrote:
    :)

Yes, but IBB are not my friend, and I am sure they are reading this post!

I bloody hope so!

So what if they are? Why can't you explain why you "don't mind them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Anyone ever notice that the advert they play while they have you on hold says there's no contract? Leaves you free to cancel DD whenever you feel too pissed off to continue waiting on hold, since they either have to accept the loss of €x a month or legal proceedings for false advertising, and I'm sure they're smart enough to realise which would be more damaging. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

farohar wrote:
    I'm sure they're smart enough to realise which would be more damaging. ;)

But they are not smart they are IBB. IBB are dumb. I am wondering if comrag are worth bothering with. But I cant vote with my feet just yet as its my only option till NTL come into my area. Witch is suposed to happen real soon. They IBB can kiss my custom Bye Bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

jesus! and i was thinking of upgrading from ripwave to breeze!

for 3 months i got 40 kb/s dl on mp3s - my only real use for fast internet.
    then suddenly 5 kb/s - consistently 24 hours a day.
    they tell me its contention, and can do nothing.
    maybe my initial service was too good, but surely with contention it should vary, and at least i can expect decent speeds at off peak hours.

endless phone calls and emails.

not too keen on getting into a contract for breeze after reading the above posts.
    looks like a phone line needs installing.
    whatever about eircom, is the service at least reliable?
    this country sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

ntlbell wrote:
    I bloody hope so!

So what if they are? Why can't you explain why you "don't mind them"

I would guess he's one of the lucky few that has a faster connection than than he should have ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I have just lodged my complaint with comreg as I officially complained to IBB on 26th June. I could have done it after 7 days but I wanted a name to send directly to first, which powerhousedan kindly supplied. I suggest every one do the same, if they get enough they may think about doing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I just lodged my offical complaint with Comreg was told they need a response from IBB but they will not give me one due to ignoring my calls. Hopefully something will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

How about approaching the Advertising Standards Authority re thier false claims......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Send a email to them there beller see do you get a reply We can start a complaint procedure to them too. Why stop at comreg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

I spoke to the ComReg lady today, having waited for their 10 day period to elapse. She more or less admitted that they have "no teeth" to do anything with Irish Broadband and suggested I contact the Advertising Authority.

Spoke to them this afternoon and they can do nothing about Irish Broadband's false and misleading claims on their own website. However they said they can investigate if they advertise through brochures, newspapers etc.

Has anyone any kind of material like that I could use? Unfortunately we were directed to them by word of mouth and I haven't seen any of their sales bumpf.

Keep up the good fight! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Jeez are they for real they are advertising a 2mbit product & not providing .. Seems fairly straight forward..Send them a copy of thier product spec & a copy of your d/l speed test...What more do they need?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Wah hey! Upload speeds back to normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

andmor wrote:
    Has anyone any kind of material like that I could use? Unfortunately we were directed to them by word of mouth and I haven't seen any of their sales bumpf.

Keep up the good fight! :mad:

They advertise on 98fm. Unfortunately the asa want specific dates and times when it was aired before they will look into it. I tried the "It's on about 25 times a day" but that wasn't enough for them apparently. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Arn't they advertising up to 2Mbit?

If the sercive was working as intended, which it clearly is not. you would not get 2Mbit all the time.

ther service does appear , from what I have heard here, to be over suscribed, i.e. over contended. If you could find out the contention ratio, you may have a case for false advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

theoeretically if you have a 2 MB connection with a contention of 20:1, then they can argue that a speed of 100 KB is acceptable.
    Thats what theyve done to me with ripwave
    for 3 months i got d/l of 350 on average and now just 40!!! all the time!
    now they argue because contention is 40:1 i should be happy!

they are oversunbscribed, and seem to provide good service to new customers and then let it slip to accomodate others. its calculating, and its clearly unfair. their tech support are liars and mostly are incompetent.
    i've lodged my complaints, will do so to comreg, and have just ordered smart.
    no point getting stressed waiting around.
    just f*ck them off and try somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

brianw wrote:
    theoeretically if you have a 2 MB connection with a contention of 20:1, then they can argue that a speed of 100 KB is acceptable.
    Thats what theyve done to me with ripwave
    for 3 months i got d/l of 350 on average and now just 40!!! all the time!
    now they argue because contention is 40:1 i should be happy!

they are oversunbscribed, and seem to provide good service to new customers and then let it slip to accomodate others. its calculating, and its clearly unfair. their tech support are liars and mostly are incompetent.
    i've lodged my complaints, will do so to comreg, and have just ordered smart.
    no point getting stressed waiting around.
    just f*ck them off and try somewhere else

Its simple:-
    • I've had Eircom 1 meg and I got 1 meg, RARELY it dropped but that could be interenet congestion ! not contention!
    • I now have NTL and 3 m/bit and it has not droped below this speed !
    • I also HAD IBB and the speed was all over the place! thats not contention but poor network management !
    IBB, people will vote with thier feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well im planing to follow Drappers move as soon as I can . But ultill I do im stuck with IBB. I have a 2 meg connection and I have never got 2 meg from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement