Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lord Alfred Hayes RIP 1928-2005

• 21-07-2005 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Loved his quirky commentary and interviews as a kid. Sleep well Alfred.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Very sad.

Always found him hilarious, this well spoken, English gentleman commentating on the barbaric actions of the American ruffians, and even more funny as he wasn’t trying to be.
    And long before Hunter Hearst Helmsly or William Regal as well.

He also went by the name “Judo” Al Hayes at one time, maybe a was a gimmick change for a while.

Even sadder is the fact that he was the first WWF face I ever know of, bar Hogan on the A-team and that Cindy Lauper video, as he hosted the very first WWF show I ever seen on TV ( I think it was possibly the first time WWF was on English TV)

It was 1986, a special 4th of July edition of that English wrestling on ITV, World of Sport. TWC show it now, don’t they?

It usually featured people like Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, but because it was the 4th of July, they broadcast a special taping of WWF, hosted by Lord Alfred (maybe they thought he could come across better to his fellow country men than Vince or the Body)

It was only a house show, but the main event was Hogan and Savage (long before they were the Mega Powers) and it blew me away.

A few months later Sky started showing WWF regular programming and I’ve been a fanatic ever since.

Anyway, RIP Alfred…

Advertisement