Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercolling - component advice?

Options
  • 21-07-2005 8:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

OK, i am just *thinking* about a WC setup and need advice and pointers to the BEST hardware on the market. Spare no expense stuff...i'd like an "all in one" complete kit that is easy to set up and has everything you need.

I want any piping and wires to be minimal and contaned within the PC case if possible, has to be safe as well.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Koolance Exos 2 would be your best bet then. Although it won't give you the "best" performance. For that you will have to go custom built. (as usual)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

I won't pretend to know a lot about water cooling but the general tone from around the interweb is that a kit is never as good as a custom setup. Also you may want to look into getting a heater core radiator. The double heater cores take 2 120mm fans and can therefore be run even quiter than a single heater core but are unfortunatly big, very big

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/

Best for High end watercooling.... www.Hitide.ie r V good but limited to choice, in saying that the innovatec gear is great, very well made n they include a bag of jelly's with there kit(gives u something to eat on the way home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

if your getting a kit, IMO make sure the pump works off your mains 240v and not your PSU 12v, 240v ones like hydor are alot more powerful and circulate the cooling liquid alot faster. also get a relay card with your 240v pump so u dont have to manually turn it on and off.
    What componants are you thinking of cooling with your wc kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

djmarkus wrote:
    if your getting a kit, IMO make sure the pump works off your mains 240v and not your PSU 12v, 240v ones like hydor are alot more powerful and circulate the cooling liquid alot faster.
    tbh if he doesn't want to get his hands dirty he is better off going for a kit with a built-in pump.
    Something like the Coolermaster Aquagate, Thermaltake Aquarius or the Coolance Exos I/II would be better.

(I can't believe I just recommended Thermaltake!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

out of the 3 of them the coolance is by far the best...

www.custompc.co.uk have a roundup of the lates wc kits, give it a read..

Advertisement