Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JC Night

• 21-07-2005 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone know when/where tickets go on sale for redbox, break for the boarder ...etc? Last year was a complete failure i heard due to the original idea of closing these club for th night and then deciding that was a bad move. I think tickets went on sale in august two years ago, not entirely sure.
    Cant be left with nothin to do :confused: *

*no, going to a feild and gettin pissed does not qualify as fun....for now :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

i don't know, but my school organises a party for the Jc night. I don't know where it is though, I heard it was in wesley with 3 other schools or something but that no one from my school ever got in or something...it better be good this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

wesley are having a disco yep. Then ther's scream. which you can check out at
    www.teenagedisco.com
    (",)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 titanic_lettuce

and bondi went on sale yesterday, but its 20euro in

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Is that for Tomorrow or JC night though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 titanic_lettuce

both but there were a few people buying for jc night there when i was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

hmm I thinks I might get some tickets for the Junior Night venue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

What are the disco's that won't be filled with skangers or drink?
    I'd actually like to have a good night out, not loads of pissed scumbags picking fights with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

going to a party on JC night :p so im sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Diarmsquid wrote:
    What are the disco's that won't be filled with skangers or drink?
    I'd actually like to have a good night out, not loads of pissed scumbags picking fights with each other.

Here, here...

But I have no idea.

Avoid that thing in the point(Scream?), apart from the fact that Akon is playing, I know of people who have already arranged fights for that night....Pfft.....

So yeah, does anyone know of anywhere??

This site only lists two non-alcohol events: "Scream" in the Point, and "JC Beats" in Traffic on Abbey Street.
    Where are all the other places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Strokesa wrote:
    Avoid that thing in the point(Scream?), apart from the fact that Akon is playing, I know of people who have already arranged fights for that night....Pfft.....

Heh, a guy in my class won tickets to that, I said "I'd go...only it's a disco."

In galway some big non-drugs disco is being organised, though I don't mind too much about the non-drugs bit...disco!? Me?! With my reputation!?

We'll be popping in there to see what the goings on be (for it's free, and I rhyme, see?), but the night will probably spent...well I don't have a clue...but it'll be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, any JC related thing has to be no alcohol... but it's not gonna stop people drinking.

Also, I heard word that this good band are playing an all-ages gig in Draíocht on the night, which could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

as long as you drink sensibly its fine

Also, I heard word that this good band are playing an all-ages gig in Draíocht on the night, which could be good.

I think I may have seen them before...at Blast??

So they're playing??? I think I just may go. 'Cause I sure as hell amn't going to a disco.

They are playing, but.. on the 15th. Which it would appear is the day AFTER our results. Argh.
    I'd go nonetheless, because they seem pretty good, but my school is dragging us away on some trip type thing that night. -.-

Hmmm....So I'm back to square 1 then. I wonder if any bands are playing at all? Last year I think OnOff did...

anyone know about the ivy on harcourt street?

Sorted, I'm going to "Junior Cert Beats" in "Traffic" on something called "Abbey Street".
    Don't know to much about it (it's probably for JC-ers judging by the name though :rolleyes: ) but apparently a lot of my friends are going there so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Well, from what I heard it's a big "skanger hole". (Not my words) So, if you're into that sort of thing....I'm don't know what I'm doing, several possibilities, but they all involve short skirts and *shudder* dancing. Which I can't do....any suggestions?

Flashling wrote:
    Well, from what I heard it's a big "skanger hole". (Not my words) So, if you're into that sort of thing....
    Really? Aw sh!t. :(
    Ah well, good few of my mates are gonna be there so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Is there anywhere that isn't really a "skanger-hole"?

• Advertisement

Flashling wrote:
    I'm don't know what I'm doing, several possibilities, but they all involve short skirts and *shudder* dancing. Which I can't do....any suggestions?

Oh God, I know......Isn't there anything for those of us who don't like to wear short skirts and dance??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Strokesa wrote:
    Oh God, I know......Isn't there anything for those of us who don't like to wear short skirts and dance??

No, who the hell doesn't like wearing short skirts and dancing?!

*stacks the shelves, BUT WITH DANCING*

Strokesa wrote:
    You could go out for a pleasant meal with your parents, that's what my Mam wanted me to do instead of going out. Not really fun, but you would probably get to choose the food ;) .
    But then again you are looking for a bit of fun so maybe not.

Or you could do both :rolleyes: .

Diarmsquid wrote:
    You could go out for a pleasant meal with your parents, that's what my Mam wanted me to do instead of going out.

My Mam said I could invite my friends around to the house. For some sort of (supervised) party. Fun times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭fellowdjs

Junior Cert Results Party

in the Parnell Mooney (Down Stairs) Parnell St

5 DJs

7-11.30

15 euro on the door or 2 for 25 euro with txt thats good value most places are charging 25 for 1 and are over at 10

txt junior to 0861663259

tell your friends

free glowsticks

commercial dance and r n b all night

fellowdjs wrote:
    free glowsticks

Woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i remember my jc nite...went for chinese with about 25 mates and then to a club...those were the days when 15 yr olds cud slip into overages without being asked for ID....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Strokesa wrote:
    My Mam said I could invite my friends around to the house. For some sort of (supervised) party. Fun times...

That's what I get to do on the Saturday night...joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

R4ph's JC night (2004):

I got my results at about 12:30 ish, I went bowling with my friends who live near me afterwards, and if memory serves I spent the night on here, talking to the otherfriends who don't on MSN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mobiles JC Night (2002)

Get results. Happy.

Went home. Ate a bar of chocolate.

Went to friends house.

Spent ages and ages laughing and messing and generally having a good time while in high spirits over the good results.

Ate food with about 10 people in supermacs.

Hung around like thugs in the local petrol station for awhile.

Drank a bottle of absolutely horrible gin. Since that night I can't drink gin.

Egged someones house with 48 eggs.

Went to friends house, to sleep rough on a cold wooden floor with no pillows or blankets.

Great night. Did nothing overly memorable, nothing to shout about, nothing even hugely entertaining. But I dunno why, it was just a great night.

wats dis thing bout the ambassador? the artists are miss wkd, small paul, john kerigan and dj ahmed. anyone know any of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

hey i heard bondi are selling tickets for some club in dun loaghaire anyone know anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

You know what I heard about? Punctuation! (I'm just cranky, don't mind me.) If by "bondi selling tickets for some club" you mean Bondi selling tickets for BONDI then yes, I do know something about it.

EFC-4eva wrote:
    dj ahmed
    He sounds really fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Heroin

Also, I heard word that this good band are playing an all-ages gig in Draíocht on the night, which could be good.[/QUOTE]

Draìocht! Draìocht! why dont i remember where that is!!??

• Advertisement

Heroin wrote:
    Draìocht! Draìocht! why dont i remember where that is!!??

Ummmm...it's not actually on anyway. Just for the record. In case you didn't read the rest of the thread...

Draíocht is the place in Blanchardstown.

Flashling wrote:
    You know what I heard about? Punctuation! (I'm just cranky, don't mind me.) If by "bondi selling tickets for some club" you mean Bondi selling tickets for BONDI then yes, I do know something about it.
    ok............no i mean my firend said she rang up and they told her they werent having one but were selling tickets for one in a club in dun laoghaire.Unless theres a bondi in dun laoghaire.....??????

I heard about that. Not sure what the name is but a couple of my friends are going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Strokesa wrote:
    disco.
    The things that 40-somethings are to blame for. :D They grew up in the age of disco.

You could have a céile or a dancehall or a ballroom!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A céili....now there's a thought.....

It seems I am going to either the Hardrock Cafe or Captain Americas and then to my friends for a party type thing.....
    I decided that what I really want to do is hire a bouncing castle and out it in my back garden. But my back garden is little bigger than a matchbox and none of my friends would do it. So thats my dream night gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 garywilko

hi my name is gary wilkinson.
    i have a ticket for scream in the point (the junior cert party).
    i am not going to it, so if anyone wants to buy the ticket please call me at 0857127115. i know the tickets havent sold out, so i am willing to sell it for approx. 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

right, got my tics for ivy in russell court hotel on harcourt st. cant wait!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 *Sam*

I'm going to a disco orgainised by Bondi in a club called Paparazzi nightclub in Dun Laoghaire. They're calling it 'Bondi by the Sea'. Tickets are 15 euro. There were on sale today but there a few left.Times- 8am - 12am

Wesely and the ivy is sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

The Ivy club is where I'm going. Probably gonna be crap, but still might be a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Strokesa wrote:
    I decided that what I really want to do is hire a bouncing castle and out it in my back garden. But my back garden is little bigger than a matchbox and none of my friends would do it. So thats my dream night gone. :(
    I know a guy who hired 2 bouncy castles, I think for his 25th birthday.

hey!
    I heard that there will be breathalyzer tests outside scream at the point?does anyone know if this is true???
    Im not planning on getting completely locked or anything but i would hate to be stopped going in cuz i had a drink or two!!! :confused:

I heard that somewhere too, only I heard it was about Traffic though. Probably just a rumour to try and get people to be sober though.

Could be true.

• Advertisement
Advertisement