Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixons, Currys LG 32" for 1300, Any good

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Went ahead and bought one of these in Currys based on the online reviews I read and from looking at this tv in three different stores.

This one's gonna sit in its box for a few weeks until I have get time to wall mount it and set it up correctly. Will report back then on what I think, for everyone's benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

whats the verdict??

Unfortunatly, this is still in it's box and will remain so for several weeks. I'm getting an extension built at home and it won't be done for probably three weeks.

so it's gonna stay in its box until the wall it's going on is ready. I don't want to take it out and mess with it until it's ready for its final resting place.

by all accounts - all the reviews I read, and all the checking I did on it in the three stores I saw it in, it looks like a great set.

more on this in a few weeks when I unbox it.

I look foward to it. Also, does Dixons and Curry's still have it at this price or wheres the cheapest (apart from Komplett)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

I wouldnt buy anything from them. There after sales service is crap. Had a horrible experience with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

s8n wrote:
    I look foward to it. Also, does Dixons and Curry's still have it at this price or wheres the cheapest (apart from Komplett)

€1499 now!

with a dvd recorder

thats still not a bad price

Got this up on the wall weeks ago but had a few issues hence my delay in getting back.

This is a nice TV. It displays my TV (Sky) and DVD's very nicely. It's a little blocky when you look at it close, but from where I sit the quality is great.

No noticeable ghosting on fast moving images - sports etc.

Looks great with my PS2.

It displays my PC very nicely indeed. The resolution is great - too good in fact from the distance I sit from it. I need to fiigure out a better sitting position from where I can use it as a proper full-time monitor.

I have this TV wall mounted on a tilting bracket which I bought in Currys also. Expensive, but worth it.

Initially my original TV had an issue with it turning on and off on it's own which i obviously wasn't happy with. Happily Currys took it back with few questions asked and gave me a brand new one which is perfect.

Dont think the price on these has come down since I bought it - still around the 1300 mark. But a good buy. I'm 100% happy with it.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when HDTV comes out.

Any questions on this TV I'd be happy to take them. I've been looking at it for weeks now, so I should be able to address any concerns if you are thinking of investing in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

m_stan wrote:
    G
    Can't wait to see what it looks like when HDTV comes out.

Any questions on this TV I'd be happy to take them. I've been looking at it for weeks now, so I should be able to address any concerns if you are thinking of investing in one.

You can test it with your PC assuming you have an Nvidia or Ati card, their latest drivers have support for HDTV. Obtain some HD tv footage and play it on the tv.

Hurry now im buying a tv soon and this fits my price range :D

kdjac

My video card is muck. Won't do HDTV. No way

• Advertisement
Advertisement