Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number plate

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

ando wrote:
    I think that is more to do with people using the anti speed camera tricks. I dont know of anyone that has been fined for just having a different plate

i've never had a word said to me about them and i've been stopped several times with the plates on the car at things like checkpoints, asking cops for directions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you have your heart set on it, just make sure you keep your old plates to put on if you are asked to go to the Garda station and when doing your NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

good advice there cormie, handy when it comes to selling the car too. and make sure you drill the holes in the new plates on the same level. mark it out with a pencil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks guys.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    Rodney Trotter keep your politics for the politics board.

Mike.

Not my politics, I was just correcting some of the Britishness on the forum, (Nothing wrong with any nationality, in their own home) from someone who doesn't realise we don't have POLICE in Ireland, we have GARDAI (from the Garda Siochana) and football, in Ireland, is governed by the GAA, Soccer is the game from the mainland.

Too much dilution of our spirit, methinks!

As for me going to a Politics Board? Not a hope.

Ans stekelly? Learn the difference between police and Police, please. (Verb and noun, to save you looking it up.)

Slan libh go leir, agus oiche maith!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Not my politics, I was just correcting some of the Britishness on the forum, (Nothing wrong with any nationality, in their own home) from someone who doesn't realise we don't have POLICE in Ireland, we have GARDAI (from the Garda Siochana) and football, in Ireland, is governed by the GAA, Soccer is the game from the mainland.

Too much dilution of our spirit, methinks!

As for me going to a Politics Board? Not a hope.

Ans stekelly? Learn the difference between police and Police, please. (Verb and noun, to save you looking it up.)
    1. you where asked to leave it by a moderator.
    2. No actually its football as its like calling "gaelic" Irish football. Football is football and Gaelic football is Gaelic Football. Soccer is an Americanism, so you shot yourself in the foot.
    3. Ans? And you complain at him for using incorrect verbs and nouns.
    4. In that case I can oppress Irish people when Im at home in the UK. If you want to discuss this further take it to the correct section and the rest of us will happily sort this matter out with you and explain the error in your ways.

On topic there are places on the net that appear to do good priced plates and post them for less than the stores here. It depends on the design you want and prices differ quite a bit depending on what you want but take a look on google and you will see the options open to you in that respect. As for the legality thats not up to me but you know that its not legal, so be it on your head and good luck.

A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

In this country, The Republic of Ireland, Association Football (How's that for being exact?) is known as Soccer. The yanks use the same term? So what?

Football is only a generalisation used by Brits to describe soccer even though they have rugby football, too.

As for moderators? Wow, I'm shaking.

This is a motoring forum and our (Irish) motoring laws are policed by the Garda Siochana, not the Police. Just pointing out the correct way to address our Law enforcement officers.

ans, was a typo, but maybe you don't know the difference between typos, nouns and verbs?

Italicised black number plates? Must be a Finglas , or Tallaghfornia thing. Highly original and very chav!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

very chav!

Uh oh... wait for it..:D

Advertisement