Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband setup on Windows and Mac OSX laptops?

• 21-07-2005 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Just installed Eircom's home starter wireless broadband on a Windows XP machine. No bother with the self-install CD etc.

However I am now trying to get a Mac OSX laptop connected to the same broadband connection.

Anybody any suggestion on this? I've tried connecting over PPoE but it's not an Ethernet connection I'm setting up here, it's a wireless network card I'm using.

Could I have locked down the router during the automatic setup of the PC laptop? I had to enter the Mac address of the router so I assume that's something I'm going to have to do on the mac as part of the setup process.

I've also tried the suggested solutions at http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net but they aren't working for me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Advertisement