Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1-series faster than a Honda NSX?

Options
  • 22-07-2005 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A bog standard small family car faster than a car deemed by many to be a supercar? Couldn't believe it either until I saw the official figures

The standard BMW 130i did 8:35 around The Ring. Faster than a Honda NSX, Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec, Subaru Impreza GT Turbo, Porsche 911 (996) Carrera, Honda S2000 just to name a few

I still don't like the looks of the 1-series though :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Geez now that I would like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

you can beat an egg, but you just cant beat ze Germans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

you can beat an egg, but you just cant beat ze Germans :D

Damn those hansome b*stards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Unkel

Where did you get the facts from so the rest of us can have a read of this unbelieve moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Maybe with Clarkson driving a skyline would he manage to mess the lap up enough to go slower.. but a skyline has broken 8 minutes around the ring..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Horst von Saurma (D) Porsche 911 (996) C2, 300 PS, 1399 kg
    1998-01-01, sport auto Supertest 20.000 km 149.215 km/h 8:17:00

http://20832.com/?rubrik=rekorde&lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The 135i will be launched later this year. 340BHP instead of the 250BHP in the 130i

Should be as fast as M3/M5 and who knows how it will do round da ring :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

unkel wrote:
    The 135i will be launched later this year. 340BHP instead of the 250BHP in the 130i

Should be as fast as M3/M5 and who knows how it will do round da ring :D

Have you got a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Sod its looks I'd buy that just for the engine. any sign of the 3.5 D going into the 1 series. now that would be some car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel

K-TRIC wrote:
    Have you got a link

Can't remember where I saw it this morning, but a quick google found a lot of conflicting stuff out there

Apparently it might be called 135i or 135ti, have an enlarged version of the new lightweight engine of the 630i (or not enlarged but) with a turbo. It's kind off an in-between between the 130i from now and the 2007 M1

I suppose BMW can't call the latter anything else, but it is a bit inappropriate as the original M1 is something entirely different:

m1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

BMW have stated previously that they wouldn't re-use M1 owing to it's historical connotations, but some evil Marketing type probably stamped all over that.

"ve must have ze M1" etc. etc.

But, this sort of backs it up
    No M1 for you, boyo

The promised 335i/3.5 twin turbo engine is mentioned below
    335i???

Same turbo system as the 535D. After initially hating the 1, I saw loads (mainly rentals) when I was down in Kerry last week. I saw a non-rental 120i in dark grey with a very nice (subtle) kit and nice wheels which verged on looking very good. There is quite a good deal (for ireland) at Joe Duffy on a 116i on some sort of contract lease

Advertisement