Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web-based, web authoring solution?

Options
  • 22-07-2005 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Again on the subject of an elderly person wishing to setup a website.

He is not too keen on using FTP and is not to tech savvy, so I was wondering.....

Is there such a service whereby you can login and create you pages there. Very simple pages, pretty much like a word doc with some gif's thrown in? something like sitemanager perhaps, but a bit simpler and easier to use?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

A very simple solution to get a website with little previous knowdge needed is www.freesitedesigner.com - customisable templates, have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

A lot of hosts often have a simple site-builder tool which will do what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

A lot of hosts often have a simple site-builder tool which will do what you require.

Nudge nudge, wink wink ;)

Ah, you know I'm only messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, im familiar with sitebuilder alright.

this guy can barely use a word processor so I have my hands full.

thanks for all the suggestions, food for thought in the future. On this occasion I have gone for blogspot for him. Should be easy enough to skill him up.

he has a lot of old school work that he needs to scan and publish, looks like blogspot will do this with least fuss for him.

Advertisement