Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish VoIP Providers - what do us customers want

• 22-07-2005 6:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

It's been on my mind for awhile to have a thread where we VoIP customers can list some of the things we would like to see introduced, modified or dropped by our VoIP provider - based on our customer experience.

As is normal, contributions are open to discussion and if there is a representative of the company they can give official/unofficial/personal input as appropriate (with the usual caveat on blatent pimping).

This is intended to be a discusion of practical improvements to the current VoIP offerings as seen by us - the customers.
    This isn't intended to be a users birthday list e.g. I'd like VoIP using a SIP client on an XDA over WiMax please.

Consequently it will act as feedback to our VoIP providers - should they care to monitor and/or partake in this thread.
    And while that may be a privilige they should pay for (*waves to admins*) - I hope for us customers the payback will be realised through enhanced VoIP products and an improved VoIP experience.

Idealistic? Maybe. But ideals are better than no deals. And we've already seen a rapid and positive response from one VoIP provider to a discussion on this forum.

So if there's something you'd like to see introduced, modified or dropped by your VoIP provider - and we've had a few good suggestions recently - then this is the thread to make it known.

causal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

To get the ball rolling I'll start with 3 things I'd like from my VoIP provider, blueface.

1) Online Call History - Inbound Calls
    I find the online Call History (outbound calls) extremely useful - what I would like to see introduced is a Call History for inbound calls with the following information:
    Date (UTC) - Origination - Description - Duration - Status.
    (Origination - is the calling party's number)
    (Status - is whether the call was answered, unanswered, or went to voice mail)

2) CLIR
    When dialling a number I would like to be able to key in a code (escape sequence) that will withold my number from the called party (CLIR) on an individual call basis. Most times I want my number displayed to the called party (CLIP) - but sometimes I don't want it displayed.

3) Rates Index
    On the blueface website rates page I would like an A-Z list at the top of the page with hyperlinks to the corresponding part of the page.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Line sharing via PIN so that people in the house are assigned a pin that must be dialled before the outgoing call phone number. Then, in the outgoing call's statement/log you can see who made what calls. This could be augmented with privileges assigned to a PIN. For example, PIN 1234 can only make local calls, PIN 4321 has unlimited call privileges, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

the ability to buy credit (Blueface) without using credit card all the time, like a direct debit or something.

i cant think of anything else, i'm pretty happy with the service at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Second the direct debit idea, sure thats a no brainer. Currently I pay with Paypal (which I also love) but can't see wanting to do that more than another month or two. If I forget to pay I guess i lose my home number? Or could i still recieve calls, just not dial out? IS there a grace period before the service drops me? Currently reminding myself with mobile phone alarm.

Love the blueface service so I would probably stay with them indefinetely as I have no landline anyway.

also, 'causals ideas are good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

yankinlk wrote:
    Second the direct debit idea, sure thats a no brainer. Currently I pay with Paypal (which I also love)

Not sure if your already aware of this but paypal can be setup as a subscription so it will pay blueface the 9.99, 14.99 etc that is needed each month to keep your account.

When I signed up for blueface this was created automatically :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

aye, thats probably right. But i hate using up my paypal money sometimes too, so would love the option of paying with real money via the DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭brianc123

Fax Mail would be nice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I have a few numbers from blueface 01, 076, UK 056 and of course my blueface extension number; all completaly different. It would be nice if the last four digits could have been the same for each of them, it would make them easier to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

well whatever about the 076, i don't think they have control over 01 etc, as i assume thats up to eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

brav wrote:
    well whatever about the 076, i don't think they have control over 01 etc, as i assume thats up to eircom.
    The Irish numbers are controlled by Comreg and are issued in blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

since numbers are allocated in blocks there should be problem in at least the last four digits of 076, 01 and blueface extension being the same.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

May I make the suggestion for blueface/any future providers that it would be nice to have a page about the ATA/VoIP-Routers that are on offer.

A list of bullet points listing what features they have/don't have, it would certainly save people from researching info on google ;)

Advertisement