Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantastic Four 1994

• 22-07-2005 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the Roger Corman 1994 Fantastic Four movie?

My god, it's so bad.....

Especially since I just saw the new one yesterday, just makes things tenfold worse.

Who else has seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

i didnt think it was ever released,??
    I remember someone telling me that it was made just so the company could hold on to the franchise.dont know how true that is though.
    cant wait to see the new one fantastic four were always my favourite superheroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Where did you get your hands on a copy MobileInfantry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, MobileInfantry, let your fellow boardsies have a looksee :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

but if it is that bad do you really want to see it. Id say it appeared on torrents or something like that cause the new film is out and its now all of a sudden topical.
    I hope the new one is good, I hope they dont do cheasy typical stuff like having the invisible girl go into a mens locker room or the human tourch out running a heat seaker , i want to see origanl ideas but I have a feeling that is asking too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, i really really want to watch it.

I read IGNs 2005 vs 1994 article the other week and the 1994 film doesnt 'seem' all that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

I hope the new one is good, I hope they dont do cheasy typical stuff like having the invisible girl go into a mens locker room or the human tourch out running a heat seaker , i want to see origanl ideas but I have a feeling that is asking too much.

Heatseaker
    Of course he's going to have to do that. I mean go one. Your a supervillian there a whos burning. What are you foing to use?? Heat seakers.

Never seen an invisible girl in men's locker rooms. Invisible men in womens I've seen hta. Not as good the other way round. really.

that said i don;t care, it has Jessia Alba, that i'll do me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got it about a Year ago, from a Russian website, along time before the new movie hype in any case.

Its pretty bad quality in parts, its about 250mb avi file for the entire movie.

Its not atrocious, but its not exactly super high budget, it has alot of the same effects as the new movie, except - instead of cgi, it's models, synthetics, etc....The actors aren't great, even visually they don't suit the parts, except the guy that plays reed who looks quite similar to the one in the new movie.

Worth a watch I suppose.....

Question - seeing as it was never offically released, does that mean I could forward my copy on legally....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

is the FF not out in ireland yet? i saw it here in the states yesterday and its pretty mediocre, bad in places, they seemed to make the wrong choices in most places...there were alot of holes and miscrepencies in the plot too...in the same viewing i took in the island, which was slightly better, the usual ott explosions and chases that you'd expect from a michael bay film...

Course it's out here.....this thread is about the 1994 film though, not the recent one! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Question - seeing as it was never offically released, does that mean I could forward my copy on legally....?
    Nope. Was reading about this film yesterday (interesting that you should start a thread about it actually..), it's a very popular bootleg but Corman considers distribution of it to be theft.

The company that made it had to do so or they risked loosing the rights... they then managed to sell the rights for mucho $$. Never intended for release, although they didn't tell that to the cast or crew.

• Advertisement

Could they redistribute it now? It'd make loads!

Or seeing as they sold the license, does it mean it can never be offically released?

It's a big pity it was never released....but the movie is rather shoddy, watchable but some parts are very cheap, but then again, its well done considering it was never planned to be released...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭irishboy19

i have it on dvd.
    its so bad .
    if anyone wants it ill trade it
    for sumtin equaly as cheesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭irishboy19

comicfour.jpg

think ill watch it tonight for the hell of it..
    nuttin on tv .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

irishboy19 wrote:
    comicfour.jpg

think ill watch it tonight for the hell of it..
    nuttin on tv .
    The girl looks like the one out of the breakfast club and the guy on the far left looks like Kiefer Sutherland. The Thing looks closer to the comic book than the remake one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Juggalo wrote:
    The girl looks like the one out of the breakfast club and the guy on the far left looks like Kiefer Sutherland. The Thing looks closer to the comic book than the remake one.
    Well, the way The Thing looks in the new film is based on Kirby's original artwork from when the comic first started. It wasn't until later on in the comics run that The Thing developed that big heavy brow.

Advertisement