Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pug 206 gti ..... Girly?

Options
  • 22-07-2005 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭

Ive just noticed having a look about that the pug 206 gti (std 137 version) can now be had for well under 10k second hand. All the reviews etc say while perf isnt roasting it is good and it handles like a dream. Also its easy enough for me to insure (1400)

Id actually be quite interested in giving one a go. Qn is tho is it a girly car for a 6ft 1 24 yr old guy?

My mum has the 206cc and i gate driving it about, however from the front i love the looks of it!

What do yis think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

well you do see a lot of girls driving it, but i wouldnt say its a girly car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the GF has one and i'd have to say its a girly car even though it packs a 2.0l, and i just cant ever get used to the flimsy gear stick or the complete lack of feedback from the steering wheel or the incredibly cheap interior, no offence meant Cyrus but they are just a pet hate of mine, although the missus loves it for some strange perverted reason :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Probably a car aimed at the ladies market but I wouldn't say a girly car. Nice car to drive. Not overly girly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Cyrus wrote:
    Ive just noticed having a look about that the pug 206 gti (std 137 version) can now be had for well under 10k second hand. All the reviews etc say while perf isnt roasting it is good and it handles like a dream. Also its easy enough for me to insure (1400)

Id actually be quite interested in giving one a go. Qn is tho is it a girly car for a 6ft 1 24 yr old guy?

My mum has the 206cc and i gate driving it about, however from the front i love the looks of it!

What do yis think?

not a girly car..... UNLESS its in the wrong colour....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

jhegarty wrote:
    not a girly car..... UNLESS its in the wrong colour....

Obiviously like pink or a nice yellow or sky blue or something.:D

Manly black or silver would make it more manly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Most of their drivers are girly - I never had one pull away from me when they've been trying and I was driving a 80bhp shopping cart.
    They arent bad cars though - not my cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cyrus wrote:

What do yis think?

Cyrus, please don't tell me you are going to give up that mint alfa of yours for a pub 206 :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Saw an ad in the paper vaunting these new as some sort of bargain for €26k. i think it was the 180bhp one, but I expect for that price you got the beauty salon lease thrown in with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

eoin_s wrote:
    Cyrus, please don't tell me you are going to give up that mint alfa of yours for a pub 206 :( ?

doubt i am eoin but ive itchy feet already and ive just been looking about, it appears at face value better bet than a more expensive slower golf gti?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

what golf gti is slower than a 2o6 gti :eek:can only be a 8v mark 3,any other golf gti would leave it standing,think ur getting 206 mixed up with a 205,badges may look the same,but the car sure isnt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

camarobill wrote:
    what golf gti is slower than a 2o6 gti :eek:can only be a 8v mark 3,any other golf gti would leave it standing,think ur getting 206 mixed up with a 205,badges may look the same,but the car sure isnt :rolleyes:
    I think he may have been suggesting the Mk IV which was overweight and slow

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

not a girly car..... UNLESS you trade in a manly car to drive a 206 :eek:

Maybe Beemers and Alfas are not your thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

unkel wrote:

you make a good point , trading in a alfa for it is very a girly move....

camarobill wrote:

its obvious you dont know what you are taking about, a mk iv 150 bhp golf gti wont leave much standing its a pretty poor car unless you can prove otherwise :rolleyes:

unkel wrote:

ah they are just having a look about to be honest :)

cant afford a decent beemer (been looking for a nice e36 318is pretty scarce and people lookin for silly money)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Rented a 206 once, you need tiny feet to drive it safely. I kept hitting two pedals at once, even my unexceptional size 10 feet were way too big for it. Not a car for tall drivers, either.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

If I was in the market for that kind of car I'd probably swing for a wee 2.0l clio instead, I don't know why, something to do with being subconsciously aware of their formula 1 history, that bonkers v6 clio and much better mag reviews of the time.., its a bit girlie too but aren't they all.

Advertisement