Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from play-asia

Options
  • 22-07-2005 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im ordering a Gamecube Component cable from play-asia, (yes its an extortionate price for a cable, i know :p) and im wondering what are the chances of getting lagged for customs ? the total order would probably come to around 40 euro, with a ps2 cable and selector box. Chances of getting done for customs on that ?

What about if i added more stuff, up to about 100 euro?

Anyone have any recommendations on whether youre more or less likely to get stung if u use USPS or someone instead of bog basic ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

"Gifts from one private individual to another up to the value of €45 and commercial shipments up to €23 are usually exempt from VAT & Duty. In all cases if the shipment is a gift then the accompanying proforma invoice should clearly state 'Gift' along with the usual details."
    http://www.dhl.ie/servlet/Tips?page=advice#dutyandtax

So it might be a good idea to ask them to mark it down if you plan on using anything but the bog standard shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Duff

I emailed play-asia as I was thinking of buying a PSP off them. I asked them if there was any chance I could not have the contents or the price marked on the package as it was a gift and they simply said: "sorry, we are not able to do this".
    eBay might be the way to go though...

Advertisement