Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Ds Max

Options
  • 22-07-2005 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew where a could learn/study 3Ds Max. I want to learn how to model characters, I know it wont be a few week thing but a few years,

I'm 22 and i've left school a few years so i would be paying for it,

does anyone know a college that offers this sort of thing .

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

if you are able to afford 3ds max, i would recommend you just purchase it and start following the included tutorials [which are excellent.] once you've done that, turn to the internet, there are vast resources on every conceivable type of modelling, animation etc. and while a class would defo give you a head start, i think it's more satisfying to learn it for yourself.

if you are hell bent on a class, a quick google reveals the new media technology college in dublin have an 8 week course for €585. http://www.hypermedia7.ie/3dmax.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Why not considering asking some of the 3d houses in Dublin to take you on?

Offer to work for free, in exchange for them showing you the ropes.

You will then a lot more being around pro's.

Also as dangerman says, just keep practising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I have 3Ds Max, i never thought of trying there tut's i made this the other day www.davidstokes.com/server1.jpg just wanted to see if i could do anything ..

I dont think any 3D house would take me that this stage, i really know nothing at the moment.

I'll check it out tho.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Ballyfermot Senior College.
    hypermedia7
    Design Ireland i think are running cheap classes at the moment (half paid by skillnet)
    buzz3d.com video tutorials are great.
    Not many other places.

thanks alot of great help, cheers

• Advertisement

cant find any video tut's on buzz3d.com , any idea where they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

thats because it's 3dbuzz.com

Advertisement