Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A curious one for Limerick

• 22-07-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

On the 24th June I received a tip for a horse running in Limerick by the name of Kestral Heights. It was a very confident word for the horse, indeed we were told he was going to "win".....Anyway....he travelled well for a large part of the race but after hitting a fence hard the jockey seem to stop on the horse and just rode him gently to the line. The immediate word after the race was, we'll get the money back next time.....

Ok, the horse is entered again today but in a mile flat race(and last week in a 7f race in Curragh which he didn't take part in)...he's also a 16-1 outsider for the race. Now I'm a bit stumped to be honest...do we back him today or not? Prior to today it has been 306 days till the horse's last flat race and 28 days since the hurdling debut....i'm not too sure how common place it is to freshen a horse up for a flat race with a double the distance hurdle race but howisever....I'm not a trainer.

There's nothing in his flat form to suggest he has a chance, and this is a career high mark for him too....there is every possibility that the chance was lost with the hurdle race but as the man says....you just never know...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

If the ground suits him, I'd go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Fade is there any chance that he is being aimed at a hurdle race at Galway and connections need to get a race into him before then? They may not want to run over hurdles as that could damage his handicap rating and price.

Usually when you see a horse switching back from hurdles to the flat it's something to do with expoiting handicap ratings, remember Cloone River last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Last year and this year....(if Accordian Etoile runs in the hurdle this year i think cloone river will be a cert..anyway, I digress)

It's possible MasterK but that was his first hurdle race and his flat form before that is moderate at best...the confidence behind him for that race was serious though and it's worth keeping at least one eye on him. As we speak the only entry he has is today though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

He's entered at Galway on Wednesday, it's in another flat race over 1 mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

ah...the plot thickens....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I've it done each way. 10 each way. We'll see what happens. Cheers fade.

Advertisement