Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OH lordy the mother of all Honda's is on the way

Options
  • 22-07-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

OH lordy the mother of all Honda's is on the way.Can't wait to see the best motoring dvd for this one.

NSX will be packing a V10 in "3-4 years"!!

Date: July 20, 2005 00:29
    Submitted by: Jeff
    Source: Honda World News
    Credibility Rating: 10

We love hearing speeches from Takeo Fukui. Well, actually, we listen and wonder stuff like "Did he just say...?" and then wait for the official transcript so we can verify that he did in fact say what we thought he said. Generally the guy says a lot of stuff that we like to hear.

Along those lines, Mr. Fukui just gave a mid-year update speech and world.honda.com has posted the transcript. I'd say the most significant piece of news for the average TOV'er would have to be the following paragraph:

< NSX successor >
    We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=380991

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

I'd say exotic sports car producers around the world are ****tin themselfs. I wonder how much power honda could get out of a 3/4ltr V10 vtec? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Can these be imported, I've havent seen them around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

shakenbake wrote:
    I'd say exotic sports car producers around the world are ****tin themselfs. I wonder how much power honda could get out of a 3/4ltr V10 vtec? :)

Well, with their experience with V10's in F1 over the years, you can be sure they'll be able to get a LOT of power out of one, especially if it's a VTEC. Christ, I'm drooling already now at the thought of an NSX putting out somewhere in the region of, at the very least, 500-600 horses possibly and probably revving up to some insane level (might we see a 10,000-12,000 redline possibly?). And just wait until those crazy Jap modders get their hands on them. They'll probably have them pushing out well over 1,000 horses by the time they're finishing playing around with them! :eek:

Is it wrong that the thought of all this is turning me on? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Lets just hope the gentlemans agreement of 276 bhp goes out the window.Honda make some great engines the b18c in my Integra revs to 8250rpm all day lol.It would be nice to see all the supercar makers scared again lol.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

honda.. ferrari.. honda.. ferrari........ hmmm An F430 r a new NSX, i know where my imaginary money would go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I hope Honda build this baby

Honda_HSC_lv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

You could see very high power figures seeing as Honda/Mugen have already made a road going 4 ltr v8 with 500bhp that they have been using in some prototype cars, and with the different restrictions removed the power goes up to 600bhp.

The price of the new nsx could be its down fall, the old nsx is still expensive today for an old car. People might not want to spend that much money on a Honda.
    But I think there was news of a new v10 sports car being designed by Toyota.

Advertisement