Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Ol' Minister McDowell

Options
  • 22-07-2005 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

this is the man we are trusting with our personal freedoms.

http://www.examiner.ie/pport/web/opinion/Full_Story/did-sgL9FjzYWWJYEsg7OWirIStPSk.asp

and what if the Cocaine Import Agency decide that there are too many guns in the hands of independantly minded people...
    how will he bend over for them then?

art 40.4.1 Bunreacht na hEireann -
    "no person shall be deprived of liberty save in accordance with the law"
    art 40.5 - "the dwelling of every citizen is invioable and shall not be forcibly entered save in accordance with the law."

under the treaty you can be arrested for breach of a "law" which is not even a crime ie. you can be arrested for breaking an american law.
    this is absolutely illegal under our constitution tha irish men and women died for in a war that amerikkka did nothing to intervene in or protect our "freedom or liberty"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

This is perilously close to being off topic for this section. Bear that in mind when replying - it's not as if Boards is stuck for places to debate politics either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's also a thread discussing this exact topic in the Politics forum here at the moment.

Actually, it probably would be a good idea for the original poster to indicate what direction they see this tread going in. I'm really struggling to come up with a shooting related spin on this.

This is before one even examines the choice of wirding in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

i know its not exactly a shooting topic but i dont think it is a million miles away either.
    this is the man who decides what we can hold a licence for if at all so i thought it mightnt be any harm for people to have some back ground information on him
    ie. perhaps getting some idea as to what ideals he holds true and if he is a man of his word or a flippant liar and all round general cúnt.

Right, that's enough of that. This is also a warning not to do the same again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement