Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday's Views & picks (not copied from the BBC)

• 22-07-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Here's my first few selections at Newbury:

2:45 Serbelloni

With no trip or ground worries Serbelloni looks to have everything in it's favour today. Was in great form on the AW and last two runs on turf were respectable even though conditions were not ideal. I'd have major doubts about the favourite Shortbread.

3:20 Presto Shinko & Golden Dixie

I couldn't make my mind up between Presto Shinko & Golden Dixie so I'll be splitting my stakes on the two in an open looking handicap. Both are drawn high which seems to be a margainal advantage over the trip. Presto Shinko has been knocking at the door lately and is due a change of luck, with Richard Hannon's yard in such cracking form I'd be surprised if Presto Shinko doesn't go close.

Golden Dixie has been in great form and seems to relish these big field spring handicaps, has been dropped a couple of pound down the handicap for some steady efforts in small fields. The return to a strong pace will suit.

3:50 Royal Alchemist (ew)

Plenty of hype around Teeba and Echelon in this race, however I'd prefer to go with the horse with proven group 1 form. A very creditable 5th behind Maids Causeway in the Coronation stakes at York is the best form on offer here. The favourite Teeba looks a very short price at 7/4 for a horse that has only won a maiden. Royal Alchemist is available around 12/1 on Betfair and the moment and looks a nice EW bet at worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

And a couple more at York.

3:05 Bluebok

Stepping up in class today the improving Bluebok will be difficult to beat against a bunch of ordinary looking sprinters. Off the same mark when just beaten last week. Has the assistance of Robert Winston today.

3:40 Lamh Eile

I'm only advising a very small bet on outsider Lamh Eile, untested over today's distance I have a feeling we have yet to see the best of this one. She stayed on well at Newmarket over a mile on the run before last and looked like the step up may suit. Her only run on Good to Firm ground was a 5 length victory. As I said I'll be keeping stakes small as she is a bit of an unknown quantity in a competitive handicap.

4:45 Mystic Man

Mystic Man looks the one to be on. Ground and distance should be ideal, the jockey Neil Callan has already won on him and has a reasonable record at the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

YORK 3.05 Bluebok

3.40 Danehill Willy

WOLV
    2.55 Middleton Minx Still running
    4.00 Strudel (Mark Prescott trainer, S Sanders on top)

I'm busy with work so I don't have time to give my analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Bluebok 2nd. There's today's shocker out of the way. I was 100% convinced it would win :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Poor day for me so far, Bluebok was 2nd, Presto Shinko 3rd and both Golden Dixie and Serbelloni unplaced. All four have been very well backed since I picked them which makes me think not too many people are winning today.

Advertisement