Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra/March Alloys

Options
  • 22-07-2005 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Ok, so I pick up my baby nissan tonight. It's a temporary thing, until I can afford my mini.

However, I've been told that I can improve the feel of the ride by getting alloys and wider tyres. I'm totally willing to do this, but I don't know anything about alloy wheels and tyres.

My nissan is a 98 March and in fantastic condition (love those imports -- don't japanese people ever drive their cars?).

Any advice? Good places to go (Near Santry, Maynooth or Mullingar)?

What are good tyres? What should I expect to pay?

If I looked 2nd hand, what size would I want?

(God, I'm such a girl).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭super123

Hey,

Dont get alloys or a nissan mirca! It would look ridiculas! But if you have your heart set on it your could try fast fit!

Cya

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Can't imagine they'd look bad -- alloys come as standard on many micra grades, and I don't think they look funny. These days, plain wheels look funny to me. Everyone seems to have alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh as long as your not planning to put 17inch alloys on the wee micra then it'll look alright, 15's would be the max and there's plenty of alloy dealers about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't do it!

The reason you bought a Micra is that it allows you to save money to buy a Mini later. So don't start wasting money on alloys. Money that you won't get back when selling the Micra

Put it towards the "thatkindofgirl wants a Mini" fund :)

Advertisement