Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver bandwidth meter

• 22-07-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Clicksilver cut me off last month because i went over my bandwidth allowance, so I moved over to Esat BT. Anyway I always had this program handy to measure my bandwidth so I wouldnt have to go to the Clicksilver site every time i wanted to see my bandwidth.

Only reason why I didnt release it back then was because I thought that if it got public, UTV would change their site to break it. This can get the bandwidth usage of every clicksilver account provided you know the persons account number, no passwords are needed.
    Full VB6 source code is also included, Its licensed under the GNU GPL, and its 100% my code. Please modify as you see fit, just give credit wheres due, and if you do like the program, be sure to add me on msn, donut@donutsoft.net

http://www.donutsoft.net/bandwidth.zip

Please note that it doesnt look nice in any way, but it does its job and it does it very well, im no GUI developer

heres a screenshot:
    bw.JPG

I do plan on making an Esat BT version soon aswell, although this will be done in C#. As far as im concerned the UTV version is finished and I dont really plan on making any updates to it. Non-UTV users can also use it to check up on UTV users's bandwidth, but knowing a few people around here, they will probably email UTV with privacy concerns and UTV will probably add cookies to their bw monitoring part, and that will break the program completely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

work on the Esat BT version has already started, but I dont know if ill finish it today or in 2 weeks as im going on holidays to Cape Town tommorow.

Esat BT made it extremely easy to get the details too, but luckily you cant just go and view everyones bandwidth usage, you need a username & password for it. The Esat BT version will look nearly identical, just have a password box added. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nifty, nice one.

It's basing the projected usage/overcharge calculations on the downloaded AND the uploaded amount. UTV don't include upload as I'm sure you know, but it'll work well when you get the BT one running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Ill fix that bug, the BT scraping code is basically done, just gotta integrate it into the GUI.
    Ill also make that into a seperate application as few people would have the need to calculate both.

BTW theres a bug in the UTV version too, it reports the percentages wrong when you do the 16gb cap, I will fix that, as I only added that support today for everyone at boards.ie.

BTW Does EsatBT do calculations based on upload & download or just download like UTV?

With BT it's upload & download combined AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

What????

The are calculated separately.

23.9GB download and 23.9GB uploaded in a single month on the Plus package is still below the CAP.

Calculating the costs for going over the BT CAP makes little sense unless you are going bonkers as I have broken the CAP many times in the past and have yet to be charged one cent for it.

UTV charge and we all know how faast they are rupturing customers to the now lower priced BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Zuma wrote:
    Calculating the costs for going over the BT CAP makes little sense unless you are going bonkers as I have broken the CAP many times in the past and have yet to be charged one cent for it.
    I thought you said in an earlier thread that you are with them 5 months and haven't got a bill yet? How do you know you haven't been charged for over use? Although I doubt you have as I've never heard of BT charging anyone.

kaizersoze wrote:
    I thought you said in an earlier thread that you are with them 5 months and haven't got a bill yet? How do you know you haven't been charged for over use? Although I doubt you have as I've never heard of BT charging anyone.

I recently registered and only appear to be charged the normal amount.
    Nothing taken from my credit card yet though.
    It wouldnt be the best marketing for BT to charge like UTV.

I would love to see a graph over the last 12months of BT/UTV/eircom market share percentage/total subscribers etc.
    What are the current market shares anyway of the top 3 BB ISP's???

zuma wrote:
    What????

The are calculated separately.

If you say so, I know they used to have a "transfer allowance of xGB" rather than a "download allowance" though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

PiE wrote:
    If you say so, I know they used to have a "transfer allowance of xGB" rather than a "download allowance" though.

you'll just have to leech if that's true ;)

PiE wrote:

Im 100% certain of what I said above.

btbroadband4gy.jpg

Its been like that since I got BT in February at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 excessive

I have a problem using this, the error message "MSINET.OCX" file is missing or invalid. Can you please help? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Download it from www.hudsoft.com/products/ whosin/support-files/msinet.ocx
    place it in the system32 folder

Then open a cmd window
    and type
    regsvr32 msinet.ocx

This will register the file with your system.

Should work then.

Advertisement