Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me in the Park - This Saturday 23rd July!!

Options
  • 22-07-2005 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Me in the Park are set to Rock Eamon Dorans this Saturday 23rd July
    with support bands Kopec and Barry O'Brien

Venue: Eamon Dorans, Temple Bar
    Doors: 8pm
    Adm. €8 / Students €7

Review: TBMC 24th June - Gigsmart
    Me In The Park are the business. Full Stop. A quirky mixture of Pixies, Placebo and their own secret sauce, the ultra tight trio have one of the fullest stage sounds that I’ve ever heard. Lead singer Barry Young owns the audience of Temple Bar Music Centre and the band play with a psychotic, blissful abandon that is fun to watch, and a very welcome alternative to the huge wave of self-harm emo bands channelling Sylvia Plath every other week. The guitar, bass and drums sound huge and the vocals are a merry, and very catchy, dance-macabre. Most impressive tune-wise are the recent single “2nd Opinion” and the head-melting instrumental number – which left heads vibrating and mouths screaming for more. Bassist Stephen Goodwin and drummer Niall O’Duffy provide a bed of ultra-solid groove for Young to unleash his lush and percussive guitar lines and street-lunatic vocals – and the result is pure bliss. A great band – you’d do a lot worse than to go to their next gig. Full Review>> http://www.gigsmartireland.com/24july_fundraiser.htm

---
    Visit: www.meinthepark.com

Advertisement