Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

letter from work for driving test?

Options
  • 22-07-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi,

i'm getting a letter from work in order to get my driving test quicker but i'm after being asked by my boss what exactly has to go on it?

prolly the wrong forum but i thought i'd give it a whirl

any help much appreciated

dv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Something along the lines that your work duties require you to be on the road frequently and as such your employer has requested that you attain a full license as soon as possible, for insurance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dvoakes

cheers hawk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Worked for me anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah it also worked for me i only waited around 2- months , this was in 2003 and i passed it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Make sure that you tick the cancellations box as well,saying that you are available to take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah - I've one waiting to wing its way atm

in essence the message is this (potential) employee requires a full licence for new role/ new job.

And you (the manager) would appreciate their efforts in securing you a test as soon as it is convenient/possible.\\

6-8 weeks I gather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I sent off my letter (6 years ago now) along with my application. It was two weeks later on a Thursday evening - after 7pm! that I got a phonecall from the Dept. of Environment offering me a date that Saturday! I didn't know civil servants worked that late! ;)

So, make sure you are actually ready at the time because it could happen really quick. I was lucky because I was prepared and had my lessons etc.

I passed, btw, can't have been too many 17 year olds at the time wth a full licence considering the waiting lists. Where's that 'incredibly proud' smiley gone?

Oh, and good luck when it does come!

Advertisement