Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with live music??

• 22-07-2005 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Into the live music scene?
    I don't know about you but it seem's to me that the club scene has really dampened the availability of live music in Dublin. Know any good places playing live music or even good music? Post suggestions here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Slattery's in Rathmines often has live music upstairs. Last time I was there, there was a jazz band playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Music comes in a variety of styles! Can you be more specific?

I'd recommend JJs on Aungier St. Top class jazz & blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Sarsfield wrote:
    Music comes in a variety of styles! Can you be more specific?

I'm into almost all types of music. I'm just looking for places that offer an alternative to the club scene. Have you been to the Mezz? If you like jazz and blues I'd say you'd like the mezz. They used to have their jazz night on a Sunday but I think that's changed. Thanks for the suggestion of JJ's, I'll check it out sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Gub Dandy's in Terenure have some good trad sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Whelans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

The Porter House.

The Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

I'd also recommend Mezz! Extremely casual dress-code, great live music, great atmosphere! It's really refreshing to spend a night in there, it's so different from a night of clubbing! Some interesting people too! And check out the posters all over the walls! I loved it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

McFiddler wrote:
    Have you been to the Mezz?

Many times. Not a terribly comfortable venue though. Really just a crowded bar in Temple Bar (and being over 35 I like my little comforts!). But the music can be very good.

is the mezz danger doyles? ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

is the mezz danger doyles? ha.

Yeah used to be. I always have a great time in The Mezz. Ya never have to pay in, and everyone is in there to have a good time. Atmospher much better than Whelans. Don't like that place at all!!

The gaiety have good bands playing on Saturday nights aswell. Kinda expensive in, 12 euro but open from 12 to 4.30am , I think.

• Advertisement

dds, the memories

Larianne wrote:
    The gaiety have good bands playing on Saturday nights aswell.

What kind of bands play in the Gaiety?

Crawdaddy is a very good spot for live gigs though you should probably check who's playing there first. Unfortunately the price of drink is a little steep but I suppose not much worse than anywhere else in town.

Does anyone know if the Issac Butt has re-opened. It closed down ages ago for rennovations. The Grove night they used to have there was class.

What about the White Horse Inn, anyone been there. Heard about it on the radio but can't seem to find it. It's on the keys somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

McFiddler wrote:
    What about the White Horse Inn, anyone been there. Heard about it on the radio but can't seem to find it. It's on the keys somewhere.
    Nice place... used to go there a lot a few years ago.
    Not sure whats it like now.
    It's on Burgh Quay (Southside) kinda near the big (ugly) Dept for Health & Children building / around the corner from Mulligans on Poolbeg Street.

Appearently they have live jazz every night and longnecks are only 3Euro. Might check it out this weekend

Advertisement