Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanding Floors

Options
  • 22-07-2005 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

We are sanding the floors in our house this weekend (being the DIY enthusiasts that we are - NOT) and would appreciate any useful advice anybody has to offer......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ruby, I could get into it now, but if you do a search on this board, there are lots of posts about sanding floors and staining, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

You'd need to be more specific about what you intend to achieve: type of floors, their condition, what timber, what finish proposed, whether upstairs or downstairs, floor area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ruby

Thanks Lex, found what I was looking for elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Hey Ruby,

Did you start work on it yet? One piece of advice I can give is to make sure all the nails are below the surface of the floor. I ripped too many rolls of sand paper. It ended up being an expensive DIY job.

It's a noisy job. Stay off the beer the night before.

Dopey

Advertisement