Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game can you beat everyone at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I don't think I've ever been beaten in Quake 1 (specifically dm1). So many moons ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Sould calibur on DC and Soul calibur II on Gamecube using Taki or astaroth.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

ESPN NFL 2K5,2K4
    Project Gotham Racing,
    NFSU 1&2,
    Fifa 2004,
    Mariokart,
    Street Fighter 2 - Oldschool Baby!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praetorian wrote:
    I don't think I've ever been beaten in Quake 1 (specifically dm1). So many moons ago!

Thought it was dm2 claustropha...whatever. You where an absolute bastard on that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

quake 2 on the ps1. the 1 on 1 deathmatches were freakin great in that game..i used to whoop everyone real good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i am unbeaten at warlords 1, cos im a treacherous bastard :)

also DM4 reaperbot challenge i am teh win 56 kills in 5 minutes on godlike \o/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deadwing wrote:
    quake 2 on the ps1. the 1 on 1 deathmatches were freakin great in that game..i used to whoop everyone real good :D

Was unbeaten in that as well. It was a joke because only one other guy would use the dual shock controller. We used to play 4-player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Twisted Metal Series (especially BLACK) - Playstation
    Usually using Junkyard Dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Was unbeaten in that as well. It was a joke because only one other guy would use the dual shock controller. We used to play 4-player.
    hehe yeah all my mates were like 'no way am i usin that fookin controller its sh0ite!', and i proceeded to wallop them around the place with my fancy pants dual shock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I used to be able to beat everyone I knew at Street Fighter 2, but that was many many moons ago. My skillz have faded with age :(

• Advertisement

My favourite thing to do in Street Fighter 2 was to annoy the player by saying how great I was. Then when playing the game I'd let them beat me to an ince of my health while not hitting them. They got really excited about the prospect of beating me that their moves became extremely predictable. I'd then play an ultra defensive game (Ryu was great for this) and they wouldn't be able to touch me once. They became even more predictable with the increase in frustration. It was great to see them get excited then very frustrated and then extremely annoyed after I destroyed them. I can be an awful bastard at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

koneko wrote:
    I used to be able to beat everyone I knew at Street Fighter 2, but that was many many moons ago. My skillz have faded with age :(
    Goldeneye, never been beaten.

Also fairly handy at pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Let's have a streetfighter competition in kdjac's house :)

Retro, I was pretty good at dm2 alright ;). Although, I admit I was defeated once whilst drunk by someone. I seem to remember you were more difficult to beat in SF2 when you had more drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I used to be a pretty good Starcraft player, back in the day, infact i was banned from playing the game at our LANs so a not to ruin it on other people, but i havn't played in aaaaages, so i'd be pwned by anyone with a working hand and half a frontal lobe these days.

other games i'm not so bad at

CS:S / 1.5
    Bomberman
    Metropolis Street Racer
    Power Stone
    Marvel Super Heros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

CS

Thats my domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Any Smackdown game
    Mario Kart on the snes
    Tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I think i'd give u a run 4 your money on Tiger Woods Golf 04/05 Aristotle, i've never been beaten in that. I was also a bit of a demon when it came to any of the Street Fighter 2 games.

gdez wrote:
    I think i'd give u a run 4 your money on Tiger Woods Golf 04/05 Aristotle

I'd have to disagree. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

Have u got a hole in 1 on a par 5?

gdez wrote:
    Have u got a hole in 1 on a par 5?

Indeed I have. Although I got a very lucky bounce when I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

KILLER INSTINCT

Burnout2

Starwing

Goldeneye

WIPEOUT

Mario

I can't remember too much more, but my skillz have also dulled with age and lack of practice

Retr0gamer wrote:
    My favourite thing to do in Street Fighter 2 was to annoy the player by saying how great I was. Then when playing the game I'd let them beat me to an ince of my health while not hitting them. They got really excited about the prospect of beating me that their moves became extremely predictable. I'd then play an ultra defensive game (Ryu was great for this) and they wouldn't be able to touch me once. They became even more predictable with the increase in frustration. It was great to see them get excited then very frustrated and then extremely annoyed after I destroyed them. I can be an awful bastard at times.

I wasn't too bad at SF2 but I used to do this ALL THE TIME in KI:)

It was even funnier when you'd pick Glacius or Fulgore as these had a teleport move, you needn't even have to block as you just teleport behind them and layeth the smackdown! I'd pay my life savings and all my future earnings to see a pic of their shocked faces again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Super Mario Kart (on the SNES) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Halo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Operation Flashpoint.
    Although I haven't played online in AGES, and not many ppl I know personally play it, so you can forget bout LAN fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

I'm deadly at FIFA 2003 on PS2, which is odd cause I don't usually buy those games.
    It's much better than all those new sports games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I think the time has come for an all out boards gaming tournament within the coming months. anyone agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Gallop Racer 1&2

Something tells me I wouldn't have many challengers though

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Scooby Doo on the Amstrad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Netris

Super Bomberman

Sonic 1 on the sega megadrive

Poker (just kidding)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

i bet zero cool and crash override would pwn your ass!!! :mad: :eek: :mad:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It would be very interesting (to say the least) to have a game of wipeout against angelina ;)

I'd whoop Lara's ass too though :D

-and then we'd have the mad passionate leather-clad love scene together (who needs Johnny Lee Miller)

Advertisement