Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerks: 10th Anniversary 3-Disk Edition

• 22-07-2005 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I got this today in HMV for €29.99 - a good buy. I saw it before and loved it, but found it hard to get. Never ordered it online either, so I was happy when this came out.
    For fans, it's a brilliant buy. As I said, 3 disks:

Disk 1:
    • Classic Commentary from Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, among others
    • Enhanced Playback Track
    • Clerks: The Lost Scene
    • "The Flying Car"
    • MTV Spots With Jay & Silent Bob
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Music Video
    • "Clerks" Restoration Video
    • Original Clerks Auditions

Disk 2
    • Clerks: The First Cut (Extended Movie)
    • All new audio & video commentary with Kevin and Crew

Disk 3
    • "Snowball: The Story of Clerks" 90 minute Documentary
    • "Mae Day" : The Crumbling of a Documentary
    • 10th Anniversary Q&A
    • Outtakes from "Snowball Effect"
    • Still Photo Gallery
    • Original Kevin Smith Journals
    • Articles and Reviews
    • "Reels and Deals" by Amy Taubin (Not sure but I think this may be an animated feature)
    • "Rush Week" By Amy Taubin
    • New York Times Review
    • IFFM 1993 program note by Kevin Smith
    • 1994 Sundance Film Festival program note by Kevin Smith
    • "The Odd Couple: Sundance 1994" - By John Pearson
    • Peter Broderick Excerpt From "The A,B,C's of No-Budget Film-Making
    • Peter Broderick Excerpt from "Learning From Low-Budget

So, for any Kevin Smith freaks out there, it's a really good buy. I probably won't even watch half the special features, I buy most of these special features for the cool cardboard covers :o
    Classic film.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Ooooh I wish I had some money!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Out of interest what age group are ye guys in that love Clerks so much. Seems to me that it's the kinda movie a lot of people growing up in the late 80s/early 90s love (in their teens in the late 80s that is). I just missed out on that whole Generation X period. I'v watched it twice but just can't see the appeal. Okay, it got a couple of funny bits in it but most of it just drags and seems badly paced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bacchus wrote:
    Out of interest what age group are ye guys in that love Clerks so much. Seems to me that it's the kinda movie a lot of people growing up in the late 80s/early 90s love (in their teens in the late 80s that is). I just missed out on that whole Generation X period. I'v watched it twice but just can't see the appeal. Okay, it got a couple of funny bits in it but most of it just drags and seems badly paced.
    First time I saw it (Well, only time) it was with a few friends who introduced it to me, all in the age bracket of 18-21. I am 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Bacchus wrote:
    like necromomicon basically said, the film's appeal is rooted with 20ish people. it's probably the fact that it was written by kevin smith who was in his 20's at the time, and all the actors are young, doing things in the film that 20 year olds do today (i.e. nothing).

though i'm pretty sure an awful lot of people who pick up clerks x don't care about the film... just that it's kevin smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

love clerks, have it on region 1 dvd as well as the clerks animated series, wich is also really good but with a bit of a later kevin smith feel to it

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I love how Kevin Smith's films all feel like it's just a bunch of mates making a film for a laugh. Re-using the same cast over and over again, in the films he's written, and the films he's produced. I haven't seen Jersey Girl and I wasn't too fond of Dogma, but Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and J&S Strike Back (not most people's cup of tea, but i enjoy vulgar humour) are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

kaids wrote:
    I love how Kevin Smith's films all feel like it's just a bunch of mates making a film for a laugh. Re-using the same cast over and over again, in the films he's written, and the films he's produced. I haven't seen Jersey Girl and I wasn't too fond of Dogma, but Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and J&S Strike Back (not most people's cup of tea, but i enjoy vulgar humour) are great.
    Jersey Girl is quite different to your average Kevin Smith film. I thought it was alright, worth the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i have been meaning to watch jersey girl, but i just cant stand jennifer "from the block" lopez, eughhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

I couldn't cope with watching a film with Jennifer Lopez so put it off for ages. It wasn't AWFUL. It wasn't great.

That said, her character isn't around for long.

Advertisement