Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Banking Costs

Options
  • 22-07-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello!

My bank charges 200 Euro p.a. for Internet Banking on my business account. Is that a normal, reasonable charge?

j.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

in my innocence I'm astonished that there is a charge at all for using a service which drastically reduces their overheads and operating costs.

Actually the more I think about it the less surprised I am...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BOI is €15/month for basic service - which is probably all most SME's would want - however it's free for two years at the moment. (All of their literature says six months, but two people have assured me it's two years.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The BOI standard business service is free for two years. Business Online service free for six months.

What's the "standard service"? This is Business On Line, right?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    What's the "standard service"? This is Business On Line, right?

adam

yep that's it. Good system but awkward to set up. You will need "training", which is free. Basically someone shows up and sets it up for you and shows you how to use it.

By standard I mean normal banking transactions, cheques, ATM, statements, transfers in bank etc. All free for two years they claim.

• Advertisement

That's what I've been told is free for two years anyway. Like I said, their literature says six months, which is why I asked. Two people, including the trainer, assured me that's it's increased to two years now. Perhaps they just wanted to tie into the free banking offer.

I told the people in their office that there was no need to send out a trainer, but they insisted. I had to wait a few weeks, and then another week because someone in the trainer's family was ill or somesuch. When he found out what I do - I'm an Internet consultant - he said that we could just as easily have done it over the phone, and saved me an hour and himself half a day. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind, but the only reason I had a new account is because there was fraud on my old one, so I actually needed online banking more than usual. And it took them nearly two months to close my old account, all during which some asshole up the country was lobbing Vodafone DD's onto it.

But what can you do, they're one as bad as the other.

adam

I said much the same for the trainer and it was a bit of a waste but it's done now. Good news if it is now 2 years. I was told it was only six months. Either way it is a very good tool. Can't say the same for the bank though . :rolleyes:

Advertisement