Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 1.03 - End of August

Options
  • 22-07-2005 5:59pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Battlefield 2™ Patch v1.03
    EA and DICE are happy to announce that the Battlefield 2 1.03 patch is in development.

Here's a message from EA and DIVE to our Battlefield 2 fans:

Hi everyone, and thanks for supporting BF2. Thanks to all of you out there, BF2 has seen great success around the world and we’d like to thank you all for that.

Since its launch, we’ve tried to give BF2 all the support it deserves by releasing patches with the fixes and improvements you’ve asked for. Unfortunately, we haven’t lived up to the standards we’ve set for ourselves and we know that. So all of us at EA and DICE are working extra hard to make sure that the BF2 experience improves dramatically in the coming weeks.

Towards the end of August, we will be releasing a new patch, 1.03. This patch is currently underway and will undergo thorough testing before it goes out to avoid the problems that have occurred in the past. There are over 140 fixes and improvements in this patch. Here are just a few of them:

* Server and Client performance improvements.

* Improved Server Browser - added Favorites and History Lists.

* Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer point farming exploits.

* Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to join.

* Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle, zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.

* Teamkilling changes - the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.

* Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.

* Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.

There are many, many more fixes that will be included in the patch but we’re looking forward to everyone moving to 1.03 to get the best BF2 experience out there on a level, cheat-free playing field.

We also know that there is still an issue with availability of slots on Ranked Servers. We’re all delighted that this new feature has been so popular, but we know that many of you are finding it hard to get onto a ranked server, especially at peak times. We are taking big steps and investing heavily to ensure that everyone can experience this side of BF2. New official servers have gone up in Europe and the US this week and you will see many more going up in the coming weeks. Our vision is to make sure you never have to wait to get onto a ranked server so you can enjoy the game at its best, and we will work to make that happen.

Thanks for being such fans of BF2. We’ve been listening to you and we’re determined to make BF2 the best online shooter experience out there. We hope you like the changes that are coming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Looking forward to a couple things there such as additional scoring oppertunites ie spec ops c4'in arty etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I was sure they left out the scoring for taking out comm resources on purpose. There is no challenge blowing that stuff up. Guess we are gonna see another wave of Spec Ops like in the demo :rolleyes:.

No mention of the friendlies showing up as enemies?

Some nice fixes in there though, and some nice quality of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Cant wait for the fixed server browser and Favorites list.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Kare Bear wrote:
    Cant wait for the fixed server browser and Favorites list.

Have you tried using the all seeing eye for searching for servers etc?
    I find it really easy touse and you can have favourites etc and you can click on the one you want to launch the game. The only thing you have to do is log in and it auto connects to the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Regarding the wave of spec ops and new point scoring ability. I didnt play the demo but surely there will only be a limited number of points available since there is usually only about 5 things to blow up and people quite often cant be arsed to repair em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I wouldn't personally see blowing the RADAR, ARTY etc as being something that should get a huge number of points, as it's more strategic than "oooh points - BOOM"

I'll be happy to see the TK system sorted out. When flying a transport chopper and some prick who can't shoot for **** kamikazi's their plane into me and I get +5 TKs :(:(:( it really fucks me off!!

As for changing the chopper system - there's a good chance they'll remove the ability for people to spawn in a transport chopper with the squad leader flying. It would cut down on flag hopping. Same in assault i'd say. They'll probably make it that you can only spawn on the leader if they're not flying. Just means that I can't lead if that's the case.

I hope the points farming works out and not just that it restricts people from reviving or fixing things within a certain length of time, therefore getting no points if you run up to 5 dead teammates and try to rez them all.

Squad leader notification if the squad is locked and someone is trying to get in - ABOUT ****ING TIME!! I always just see the invitation time out message and it really ****s me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ponster wrote:
    Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.
    Nice :) I still blow up the enemy's arty, radar, and little house thing, as it annoys the enemy, tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i really, really, hope they do something about the bunnyhopping :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Deadwing wrote:

Do what I do. Go prone and whip the shotgun out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Deadwing wrote:

Besides the fact that its dam annoying...i looks plain comical, If memory serves me correctly the jump in BFV was way slower meaning it's pretty much useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ponster wrote:
    Do what I do. Go prone and whip the shotgun out !

With that shotgun its about as useful to go prone and whip out your penis.

I used to kick so much ass on Hue with the shotguns :(

Winters wrote:

I used to f*ck so much ass on Hue with the shotguns :(
    well if you whip your penis out in a firefight what do yuo expect... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Winters wrote:

The DAO-12? Come and bunny-hop in front of me then. I could do with the easy points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I laughed my balls off for about 10 mins yesterday when I noticed just how retarded the bunnyhopping was.

I was on the deck of the ship, and an MEC chopper came over - he had already blown everything else up on the deck and was trying to shoot people. I hadn't anything near powerful enough to blow it up, but was just trying to avoid getting killed.

So he landed on the deck and started shooting. Now as you know, that gunner is POWERFUL! It explodes on impact. But I kept jumping left and right as if I was skipping, and he kept swinging back and forth and missing me.

In the end he gave up trying to shoot me and hit me with a missile :D

lol..i know the game isnt the most realistic 'war simulation' around, but the bunnyhopping just looks ludicrous :rolleyes:
    Id love to see real soldiers doing it in iraq..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jumping should have the same effect as running, i.e it tires you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeha liek in Day Of Defeat after you jump a few times you are tired and have to stop!! hate this bunny hop crap althou when you have someone doing it and you launch a grenade and they land on it....want to see the rag doll then!! fires them half way across the map!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

GreeBo wrote:
    jumping should have the same effect as running, i.e it tires you out

What it does do is use up your ''sprint'' energy.

Advertisement