Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you ever had food poisining?

• 22-07-2005 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Damn, I've had it bad since the weekend. (A nasty cheesecake).
    I still feel queasy. I tried Imodium Plus- it did nothing for me.
    Does anyone know what remedies are good???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

A kebab from Sultan on George's Street nearly killed my friend and I. Serves us right for eating there in the first place I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bad chicken from a chinese take away had me dying for about a week a year ago. Have difficulties with chicken since, unless it's cooked to bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

frozen bolloknase and meatballs , had me renting the toilet for a couple of days
    pheww lost about a stone at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Last weekend at a festival in Germany. Had a kebab on the first day - probably the first one to sold - diarroeah for the next 3 days. Awful!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Had it twice, once on my birthday. (aww!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yes......leaking both ends.....not fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Not nice, my mam had really bad food poisining from cheese cake on hols one year. The firemen had to break into the bathroom in our hotel, she still is mortified looking back on it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Aloe vera gel is good for settling your stomach. Montilium tablets are also very good and can be bought over the counter at the chemist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Got it from a Lasagna in some hotel, about 10 years ago.. God I never forget the pain of it!!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nickibaby* wrote:
    Aloe vera gel is good for settling your stomach. Montilium tablets are also very good and can be bought over the counter at the chemist.

If you are suffering from food poisoning you dont want to use motilium to "settle" your stomach, you want to puke/shid like a mother to get all the pathogens that are doing the damage out of you, not keep them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Finger food at a friends 21st. I was dry retching for about 3 days, even though there was nothing left in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Last time for me was a cheesecake as well from that Mexican restaurant on George's street.

It's made even worse by the fact that I had a flight to catch the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

holy crap - i don't think i'll be buying cheesecake if i'm out!!! I had it once from frozen sauage rolls..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Iv just come back from Tenerife and I think I may have gotten food poisoning.. went into one of those all you can eat chinese buffet places on the Monday night and was bed/bathroom ridden for the following 2 days... It was either that or ice in a drink in one of the bars :( horrible experience... had a great holiday thought other than losing 2 days to sickness.. wont be eating chinese again for a while tho... Urgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I was at a m8's house and his dad had cooked his specialty, prawns :o . I dont like seafood but was forced to try this magic recipe :o . Funny thing is i enjoyed it a lot :), and then got horibbly sick, never again :rolleyes: .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Madge wrote:
    Does anyone know what remedies are good???

eat nothing for a couple of days
    should be out of your system by then

got it from eddie rockets chicken burger once
    lost 4lb in two days
    I'll never forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Got terrible food poisoning from a "Loop d loop" before...
    Was fierce ill for about 3 days...

Got terrible food poisoning from a "Loop d loop" before...
    Was fierce ill for about 3 days...
    How can u be sure it was the loop the loop?? did u not eat anything else that whole day?? was it gone off or something? Iv never heard of anyone getting food poisoning from an ice-pop or any kind of sweets... thats a weird one now :eek:

dudara wrote:
    Finger food at a friends 21st. I was dry retching for about 3 days, even though there was nothing left in me.
    yeah that has to be the worst feeling... very distressing altogether, think I threw my stomach lining up when I had it.. Nasty, had heart burn for about a week cause my stomach just couldnt handle food :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in Marbella in Spain a few years ago, and used to visit this juice bar on the beach alot. One particularly hot day, I asked for ice in my juice to make it more refreshing. My guess is that the cubes came from tap water, because later that evening I had my first experience with projectile vomiting..... lots of fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

silas wrote:
    Got it from a Lasagna in some hotel, about 10 years ago.. God I never forget the pain of it!!..

I feel your pain. Got it at a restaurant in on the quays a long time ago. have got it a few times from chinese take-aways but nothing so memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

xzanti wrote:
    How can u be sure it was the loop the loop?? did u not eat anything else that whole day?? was it gone off or something? Iv never heard of anyone getting food poisoning from an ice-pop or any kind of sweets... thats a weird one now :eek:

Cant be sure that it was gone off because I actually dont make a habit of eating things that I KNOW are out of date...but no hadnt eaten anything else that day - it was the loop d loop alright, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Got it from a sausage sandwich in the officers mess in the curragh a few years back when I was doing a job down there with my dad. Got paid to stay at home for a few days. :)

Advertisement