Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Micro Problem

• 22-07-2005 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

ok folks i have a massive problem with my creative zen micro..ok lets start i bought a zen about a month ago it worked brill but @ the moment it has stopped playing i have to take out the battery to turn it off the buttons have frozen. I have tried using the recovery mode and that doesn't seem to work as well? when i tried that they was a clicking sound coming from it? any sugesstion please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Thats definitely not good. When you say you tried the recovery mode does that mean you cant take the battery out, hold the power switch to on and reinsert the battery with the power switch still held at the on position? If you can get that far I suggest a full reinstall.

Tell me if you can get that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

CrimE wrote:
    Thats definitely not good. When you say you tried the recovery mode does that mean you cant take the battery out, hold the power switch to on and reinsert the battery with the power switch still held at the on position? If you can get that far I suggest a full reinstall.

Tell me if you can get that far.

yes i can take the battery out and go to the recovery mode but when i click reboot it freezes. how can you do the full reinstall. thks for responding

OK heres what you want to do:

Get into that list but dont select reboot, select the option reformat (or something along those lines)

When this is done install newest firmware. Get it here;

Firmware

Remember doing this will erase everything on your zen but it sounds to me like this is your only option.

What happens now?

crime how long does it take to reformat just using it now?

Mmm shouldnt be too long. I cant remember exactly but I'd guess about 15-20 mins.

• Advertisement

seems to have frozen thks for the help i will bring it back to the shop

No worries. Yeah if it frozen doing that then you definitely need to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm having the same problem. I just bought it last weekend. . I didn't realise this was an issue until I read this.

Anyone else have the same problem ??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A clicking sound tends to mean the hard drive is fecked. There has been a batch of Zen Micros with faults like this and also headphone socket problems, any Creative retailer can tell by the serial number on your Zen and will swap it out.

thks a million i will take it back to the retailer!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

tbh itd b easier to take it bk to creative in blanch if u have an issue, thats their head quarters,otherwise the retailer wil send it to a supplier who sends to creeative,bk to supplier and bk to retailer. if u go to creative u cut out the middle ppl,

Yeah I actually had a problem with mine before and they replaced with no hassle
    straight away. Excellent customer service. I recommend going the direct route aswell.

the fella who has the creative is a cousin of mine from cork so we will give it back to the retailer and get a refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

Mines ****ed aswell, I dont have a receipt or the boxes n stuff. Got it like 8 weeks ago. Can I get a repleacemnt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Creative are very good for replacing products.
    All try a firmware upgrade before hand anyways, solves a lot of buggy problems

Advertisement