Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

david richards to take over jordan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, DR certainly worked wonders at BAR (before he was unceremoniously dumped by the Honda top-brass) so I'd like to see him manage to do the same at Jordan. Then again, what he achieved at BAR was with a team who had an established partnership with a major manufacturer (Honda) and lots and lots of money available as well. I can only wonder if he'd be able to manage to do the same working with a miniscule budget.

As for the Hyundai thing, I'd be very surprised if they made a move into F1, at least for a quite a while yet. They didn't exactly set the world on fire in the WRC, did they, and F1 is a much tougher and more expensive business altogether. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them come into F1 alright (the more manufacturers, the better. Give a bit of variety to the grid), but I can't see it happening so soon.

Samsung, though, and LG I would expect to see coming into F1 very soon. With the impending ban on tobacco advertising, more and more teams are going to start looking for major/title sponsorship elsewhere (it's been happening the past few years already) and the electronics and computer industry is one of the few industries that can probably match the tobacco industry to make up the shortfall in sponsorship revenue in F1 when the fags get banned. Also, LG has already established itself as a sponsor in motorsport (LG Super Racing Weekend/WTTC anyone? ;) ) so I think we'll see both companies in F1 before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Well, in my opinion, it seems David Richards has the means to save jordan. I'm not saying he'll turn them back into championship contendors but at least get them scoring points, competing with red bull and sauber etc. It'd be better than eddie irvine taking over anyway... And i think if you get hyundai, lg and samsung behind the team they will have the funding to do something decent with themselves... and DR might even save the jordan name and branding!

Advertisement