Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King George

• 22-07-2005 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Really tough race to call. No *real* superstar among them but mostly high quality and of a similar ability.

However, I have my eye on one horse in particular. He's run in 17 Group 1s and finished in the first four in 9 of them. He's won on this ground before. In his only previous try at this trip, he finished a somewhat unlucky 4th (the 2003 Derby). In his only previous run on this track, he should really have won (the 2004 Lockinge, finished 3rd). The jockey knows the horse well and has won on him before. Yet despite all this, he's available at 66/1 !!

Yes, that's right folks, I'm actually backing Norse Dancer. Call me crazy or stupid but he often throws in a surprise of a good run to reach a place in good races. At 66/1 (80s on Betfair), I think he's worth the chance.

As for discussing the main runners in the race, I'll leave it to the rest of you. If I had to pick one other, I'd go for, oh, I dunno... err, Bago?

For the benefit of your wellbeing and your wallet, I recommend ignoring this whole post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

after much deliberation im plumping for grey swallow
    bago to follow him home
    AZAMOUR WILL NOT WIN!!!!!! trust me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

mdwexford wrote:
    after much deliberation im plumping for grey swallow
    bago to follow him home
    AZAMOUR WILL NOT WIN!!!!!! trust me

i agree azamour is a great horse but id be thinking of laying this one!!! Azamour has never ran over this distance before, im not saying that is is a disadvantage, but stats show (even though im not a fan of stats and probability) that the last 9/10 winners won over this distance before!!!!

Grey Swallow i think will run very well, and hopefully win!!! :D

But others to look out for could be Ace, another of obriens horses, should stay the distance! Eswarah's is an unbeaten filly, but if this horse wins it will be a shock....but one to watch!!!

I dont like Bago; Alkaased and grey swallow have both beaten Bago recently and this race will proberly be found chasing again!!!

Anyways Grey Swallow for me :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

i fancy the relatively unexposed Eswarrah (spelling ?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

whatever the result it will be close. the winning distance to be 'Under 1 length @ 13/8 with ladbrokes' is reasonable as there are 5 or 6 with a live chance of winning so it should be close run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jesus crumbs fair play what an each way he was, didnt back him tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Had a large scale bet on azamour...I really have no idea why you people were even contemplating laying the horse. Absolute mindless madness.

Crumbs, well done on norse dancer each way bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Crumbs wrote:
    Really tough race to call. No *real* superstar among them but mostly high quality and of a similar ability.

However, I have my eye on one horse in particular. He's run in 17 Group 1s and finished in the first four in 9 of them. He's won on this ground before. In his only previous try at this trip, he finished a somewhat unlucky 4th (the 2003 Derby). In his only previous run on this track, he should really have won (the 2004 Lockinge, finished 3rd). The jockey knows the horse well and has won on him before. Yet despite all this, he's available at 66/1 !!

Yes, that's right folks, I'm actually backing Norse Dancer. Call me crazy or stupid but he often throws in a surprise of a good run to reach a place in good races. At 66/1 (80s on Betfair), I think he's worth the chance.

As for discussing the main runners in the race, I'll leave it to the rest of you. If I had to pick one other, I'd go for, oh, I dunno... err, Bago?

For the benefit of your wellbeing and your wallet, I recommend ignoring this whole post.

good call,i just watched it though

well azamour stayed and more making me look very silly in the process
    i have to give him credit and respect now
    roll on the irish champion stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Hi,

Had 5 euro each way on 2nd place - real sickner :mad: . Got it at 66/1 :) . Would have won almost 500. I won about 77 euro so not too bad. I backed 2 horses in the race, the other Banjo finished 3rd at 5/1 . Didn't see the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

*Sigh* If only Azamour didn't stay... :)

Thanks lads, I was quite pleased with Norse Dancer's 2nd place. Had a nice wedge each-way on him. I'm usually very calm watching races but when that gap appeared on the rail for him, my right arm started twitching like crazy. :D 66/1 was a ridiculous price for a horse that, while inconsistent, is a proven top race performer. Like finnpark, I also had a little e/w on Bago, so 2nd and 3rd, not bad.

*grumble* damn azamour

• Advertisement

finnpark backed "banjo"
    big racing fan eh...:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I hope old Norsey gets a group 1 under his belt soon, he hasnt half deserved one!!! Great servant for me he has been, especially today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

i had a pet hedgehog called banjo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

scargill wrote:
    i had a pet hedgehog called banjo.

many group one wins under his belt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I had Grey Swallow, what a mare :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

I got a kindoff tip for Grey Swallow but decided against it. My dad told me to for a 66/1 shot that came 2nd. If it had won I would have got 461 euro :mad:

Advertisement