Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SG:1 - 9x02 - Avalon (Part 2) [SPOILERS]

• 23-07-2005 10:27am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Post your opinions on Stargate: SG-1 - 9x02 - Avalon (Part 2) here. My cousin's chugging away at it currently, but certainly believe he could be a lot faster!

What did you think of Stargate:SG-1 - 9x02 - Avalon (Part 2)? 31 votes

Goddang that was good!
    0%
    One thoroughly enjoyed it, yes.
    22%
    IvanGerardKeatingmedjaKevokjor elDunnersstag39 7 votes
    As average as 2,3,4,5,6 being 4
    45%
    suttyD-Generatem1kePing Chow ChiStarkMr EJohnKmatrimmobstackeyeJimboo_Jonesis_that_soDe DeracoTurdle 14 votes
    Weak
    22%
    bkehoePepe LeFritsmr_angryixoymadrabOmegaRedsmeggle 7 votes
    I'd rather re-watching "Emancipation". Ten times. And then a week of 'Andromeda'
    9%
    Nietzscheanct5amr2ig1nfhp[Deleted User] 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say, I over all liked it. They seem to be taking it easy at the start of the season. I'd say because the dont want to just dump the new people in the show in the tick of it. Also to have us, the "Viewers" just have to accept them as being there.
    I know that the chick from that crappy show andromeadaaaa or what ever its called was in it. That she is also Shanks wife. But is she also goting to be reoccuring as the Doctor? Also the converstation she has with the new genral, Does anyone think she is the Daughter he talked about to Vala?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Another slow moving episode that seems to be setting the scene for the rest of this seasion. A tad more heavy hitting that the normal sci fi fare but played out well.

Any one else thinking
    the new leader of the jafa is not only going to be trouble but maybe a goauld?

Also these
    to be continued episodes are starting to bug the hell out of me :(

Roll on next week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Weak
    Didn't quite enjoy it as much as last week and that, I feel, is because it reminded me a little too much of S3's "Demons". I like the idea of the Ori being someone we've met before.

The new doc is, as far as I know, permanent and I'm assuming it's Landry's daughter. I'm waiting for an injoke soon between her and Daniel....

Yeah, I'm going with the Jaffa nation being led by a Goa'uld as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I enjoyed it. Thought it was quite confusing but then I don't have a background in SG-1. Vala continues to impress me, I'll be sorry to see her leave. Mitchell didn't get to do much this time round*. I don't like that guy Landry, he annoys me.

* Only Farscape fans will get this. When he's lying beaten and battered on the ground and about to have a flashback, I could have sworn Harvey was about to appear to him :)

Stark wrote:
    * Only Farscape fans will get this. When he's lying beaten and battered on the ground and about to have a flashback, I could have sworn Harvey was about to appear to him :)

Aye it did seem like a Harvey moment, still though I really enjoyed it. The way the ep was done had a very Farscape feel to it.
    With Mitchell getting the crap beaten out of hime (just like John) Then the was Vala was killed and broth back to life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I'd rather re-watching "Emancipation". Ten times. And then a week of 'Andromeda'
    i must say , yet more tripe, its just not sg1, its some other show imo.....

What was that rubbish with the sword fighting? the guy having some lame flash back and then stands up after 'getting his limbs mostly cut to shreds' , and kicks yer man's ass.... reminds me alot of childrens cartoons, the impossible come back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Nah didnt like it either!!!!
    Goin nowhere fast IMO - retract last weeks statment. Better make with a good plot and i mean sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just finished watching it and I like it. The pace is a bit slow but I dont mind that to be honest as the new characters need time to settle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I quite liked it too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Weak
    Good episode, enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I was hugely disappointed by the solution to Daniel and Vala's puzzle. You have a 50/50 chance of guessing the right pot to begin with. Then you're allowed to reset the test if you get it wrong and pick the other one.

Worst...test...ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought that was great.
    They burned her alive!
    I like where they're going with this season, slowly introducing the new threats.

I don't think the Jaffa will have a Goa'Uld leader though, they've already done this with what's his name in that episode so I'm sure they'd probably check now. I think there'll be a Jaffa civil war instead.
    The Ori, could they be the forth civilisation that were around in the time of the Asgard, Ancients and Nox? Can't remember the name that the Asgard gave them now, but they could have changed their name, like the Ancients did. Are they good or bad though?

well they are meant to distroy anyone that does not convert to worshiping them. So I am going to go with bad... vary bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

MrPinK wrote:
    I was hugely disappointed by the solution to Daniel and Vala's puzzle. You have a 50/50 chance of guessing the right pot to begin with. Then you're allowed to reset the test if you get it wrong and pick the other one.

Worst...test...ever

I thought the key was saying what the reasoning was out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Weak
    I liked this episode more than the last, but again I thought it was very slow-paced. This isn't really all that surprising considering they dealt with all the major plot lines at the end of the last series. Obviously, its going to take time to integrate a whole new plot line and cast with some of the traditional elements of the show.

Did anyone else think the Ori servent that met them in the courtyard bore a striking resemblence to So'kar? Maybe its just that every pale, hooded figure is going for that look. I was also a little stunned at the graphic nature of Vala's burning. I assumed the director was going to cut away, but he stuck with it instead. Considering the lack of action I almost welcomed it, but it was a bit disturbing at the same time.

The Jaffa high-council is an interesting aside at the moment. As they specified in the episode, it has been decided to give seats on the high council based on military assets. That leads me to think that the leader will probably be one of the first primes we've encountered before - maybe even Anubis', if the military assets were still intact after Dakara. We've seen many times that Anubis' first prime showed a lot of animosity to SG:1, and if anything, he was probably the least likely to support the Jaffa rebellion in the first place. No wonder Teal'c isn't best pleased with the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Stark wrote:
    I thought the key was saying what the reasoning was out loud.
    Actually, according to the blog of one of the script writers, they did have a 50/50 chance of guessing but the whole point of the test was to see if they stole the coin after they solved it. That's slightly redeeming, but I still think they could have incorporated that idea into a proper puzzle. Daniel's talents were wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Weak
    Just watched them today myself - hmm thought it a bit disjointed as usual and I to am getting a bit miffed at the 'To Be Continued' stuff...

I got a distinct impression that your man is a Gou'ald and the jaffa in attendance certainly acts like a first prime.

@ Jor-el the Four races were The Asgard, The Nox, The Furries and the Ancients, the Fifth Race (Potentially) being Humans. (Season 2 episode 15 The Fifth Race - One of my favourites :) )

Thought the solving of the puzzles a bit lame myself and I think we'll see Omar getting involved with helping out against the Ori - Bit of the old ' Good against Evil' scenario IMHO.

Advertisement