Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG:A - 2x02 - 'The Intruder' [SPOILERS]

• 23-07-2005 10:32am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What did ya all think of Stargate: Atlantis - 2x02 - 'The Intruder'? My cousin's being very lazy delivering it but hope to post soon about it...

What did you think of Stargate: Atlantis - 2x02 - The Intruder? 21 votes

Like having my own Daedalus
    0%
    Like having my, somewhat damaged, Ha'tak
    33%
    VenomsuttybkehoeMr EGerardKeatingixoystag39 7 votes
    More like piloting a puddle jumper - pretty run of the mill
    38%
    Pepe LeFritsWintersKevokteck-x5jor elJohnKOmegaRedstackeye 8 votes
    Having a transport beam - it only went to a few interesting places
    23%
    D-GenerateScruffmr_angryis_that_soDe Deraco 5 votes
    Like being stuck in a gate buffer - terminably poor
    4%
    madrab 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very good episode and a relief to see at least one of the SG shows getting off to a nice start.

Weir laying down the law to the Airforce top brass was sweet and the both the Asguard and Sheppard taking the piss out of Rodney was very cool. I also really liked the amount of screen time Taylia had I do hope they keep this trend up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Great ep, I loved it. There setting the ground for season 2 really well here.

PS.. did anyone else wet them-selfs at the F302 chase?

/me goes off to change his pants

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Heh, more ships inspected with viruses. Wonder where else I saw that this week...

Enjoyed this one. Felt it was quite smart and that the characters reacted well - I loved the small fact that it was Sheppard who remembered the final ship. It's a nice way of showing how he is actually Mensa smart in action.

I liked the flashbacks to Earth and that we know it's an 18-day journey. It does help us reconcile the fact that we're told O'Neill would be sending troups in 4-days but yet, in "Avalon", it's clearly months since O'Neill left and the Daedalus is only leaving then - it's making multiple trips.
    Scenes at home I enjoyed the most was Sheppard taking the time out to see Aiden's cousin. Weir's cheating fella hopefully isn't a prelude to her jumping in bed with Sheppard - we had enough of that 'ship on SG-1 thanks.

Good SFX again in the final dogfight. It's probably down a bit to the fact MGM increased the show's budget at the end of the year (as an aside, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper talked on gateworld.net's audio interview how the fluctuating Canadian dollar last year made them unable to afford the SFX, etc. that they wanted until MGM gave more cash).

Oh and Hermiond is now the best Asgard for his sense of humour: "Then crap indeed". Heh. I enjoyed his winking too - seems to like disarming his crewmates...

2 for 2 on SG:A. Shows often really come into fruition in their second seasons and it seems to be holding true for SG:A so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought it was OK . Main story line bothered me a bit but other mini vignettes helped balance it . Overall good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I liked this episode too and I'm looking forward to finding out what new tech has been discovered since the ZPM has been placed in Atlantis. It seems like a very promising opening to the season :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

One thing I'm wondering about this season though is this. They pretend to blow up Atlantis and the Wraith fall for it and go away. Great, everyone's happy. Now, what happens when the humans start to wander around again, as they do, and run into the Wraith? They're going to realise pretty quickly that Atlantis is still there. I hope the writers have some plan to explain around this one and not just shrug it off.

This episode was good though, setting up SGA for a good season. Is the Daedalus going to hang around now or is it going back to SG1 teratory does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Liked this episode alot.... The sarcastic Asgard is a great character. :)

I hope its not going to be a case that the Wraith discover Atlantis, ooooh, maybe episode 2x18, and try another assault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Interesting start to the season. I particularly liked the writers adding to the crew manifest - something that was definitely necessary considering the number of characters bumped off last season. :) Having said that, I don't think this was a particularly thrilling episode. Thats not to say that it was bad, but I prefer to reserve my highest praise for episodes like 2x01!

I get the horrible feeling that they're building some kind of romance between Weir and Shepard. There was the scene at the start with the coffee that definitely seemed to be implying some kind of chemistry between them, and this was backed-up somewhat by Weir's Lost-esque flashback which demonstrated that she's now a free agent. Lets hope not, but I have a bad feeling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i only thought it was a ok to good episode. could be the fact that i watched it half asleep at 3 in the morning. Liked the fact that the Daedalus has an outfit of f-203s
    Does the Daedalus use a zpm for its intergalatic drive or is that in atlantis full time now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Scruff wrote:
    Does the Daedalus use a zpm for its intergalatic drive or is that in atlantis full time now?
    I don't think the ZPM powers the intergalactic drive, but it did boost the shields. I think that has a permenant home in Atlantis now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement