Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow/Carlow Telescope Group

Options
  • 23-07-2005 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm interested in starting a telescope user group in the south Wicklow/carlow border region.

Was previously involved in Astronomy Ireland but clubs end up too political!
    Comittees....AGMs ,chair people.....aaagghhh!
    I just like looking at the sky!

I practice my astronomy solo at present with my Meade 10" LKX50 sct but its good to meet other users and share equipment...something I used to do with a loosely associated 'AI 'group but no longer. I and my Wife live in the south county Wickolw area..near the Carlow border but anybody from anywhere is welcome.

Anybody who has any size scope interested in weekend nights occassionally meeting up at a dark sky site reply.
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Was previously involved in Astronomy Ireland but clubs end up too political!
    Comittees....AGMs ,chair people.....aaagghhh!
    I just like looking at the sky!

Astronomy Ireland and AGM in the same sentence? must have misread that ;-)

Several folks from the South Dublin Astronomical Society go observing in Wicklow and not foor away are the folks in Kildare astronomy club. Ok neither are near the Carlow end of wicklow, but if you ask on www.irishastronomy.org/boards you might find some people nearer to you.

Cheers,
    ~Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Albert's right Mark, on both counts! AI & AGM don't go well together, and there are lots of like-minded folks 'out there' like you. SDAS might be a good stat, but give that IFAS thing a go and see what replies you get - its a fab site!

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 markdowling

Thanks for that...will check out the site.

The "AI" experience has left us all scarred I see!

Mark

Advertisement