Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have a midterm in October?

Options
  • 23-07-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if we have time off in October? I'm in Arts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

uhhhmmmmm jaysus i cant remember now.

i dont think so. i think its a month for christmas....then the three weeks in march and then two weeks before the exams.

*i think*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I don't think we have the month at Chrissie now that we are going to be semesterised....... i stand to be corrected tho.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Enii wrote:
    Anyone know if we have time off in October? I'm in Arts

No............ big boys don't get mid-terms any more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

i only had two weeks at christmas last year 'cus of exams :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

no you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Some departments give reading weeks though... they're like mid-terms, but with the implication that you should read something. So I say - go to the offy, read a few different bottles and cans before you buy them, and *everyone's* happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Also out of curiosity, where does UCD stick its timetables and all that jazz, ie is there anyway of finding out online what ur timetable will be like during the wk next year (ie so as to prepare for the worst and get massive quantities of alcohol...), or even where the hell do you find out stuff like holidays..as the OP was looking for, and also as i've a few mates heading off to do erasmuses (sp) (shakes fist enviously) and would like to visit them at some stage...etc.

One more thing, when do we pay the registration fee, or do we have to wait for SIS to get its ass in gear?

Every user friendly UCD...well at least they have a good enviromentally friendly policy by not sending us out massive reems of paper giving us information that we might actually need...go UCD... :rolleyes:

Sigh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd wait for the SIS - when there's money involved you can be sure UCD's admin won't get it wrong :)

Haven't seen much of you around here lately alana!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well Red Alert been a smidge busy(eh hem getting drunk is being busy..) and currently away, be back soon and I'll be posting with avengnce...(or something to that xtent) but when we get back to uni we should organise a knees up, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was just talking to the assistant to the head of the English department today - such a nice guy! He said that they only find out the timetables tomorrow, and normally they'd have them by the beginning of june, so they're 2 months behind because they were trying to work out clashes. So I'm guessing that won't be available for the next month, because once that's done the tutorial and seminar sorting will have to be donw, taking another few weeks. It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye!

UCD will probably send out giro forms for the registration fees closer to September. Unless we're expected to print them off ourselves. Expect it to be in the region of a grand. It goes up approximately €150 per annum.

Term starts the week of the 12th, and goes on until around the 8th of December, or a little before it. It starts up again around the 5th of January and then we have a three week break mid february/march. Then there's easter, then the exams. It's always pretty much the same as the year before, just adjust it by the few days in either direction dependent on the beginning of the first term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement