Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Driveplan pros and cons?

Options
  • 23-07-2005 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭

I saw an advert in the times a few days ago, you can drive a 1 series 116i for 2 years for 9k.

Seems to be an okay deal, think the car is worth 31 so the value is gteed at 22 after two years, you can do about 16000 miles over the two years

What do peope think of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Doesn't that plan cover maintenance as well? I saw the ad a few months back and can't remember the details but it sure looked pretty good at the time

Have a very good look at the T&C though!

Oh, and you couldn't stretch to a 130i, could you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lol :)

the plan seems to me to be a good idea if you want a new car and dont do hooge mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Do you own the car? Can you sell it or is this some sort of lease deal??

lease basically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

8000 miles a year isnt much tbh, The car works out at €1.77 a mile. What are the penalties for going over that?

• Advertisement

19c a mile

8000 miles a year is more than i do to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thats robbery, i bet u could drive a 1999 740i for less than that....

probably illegally because no one would insure you on it

insurance is actually very cheap on a seven seies less than a 520, just ask unkel :D , they class it as low risk tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lomb wrote:
    insurance is actually very cheap on a seven seies less than a 520, just ask unkel :D , they class it as low risk tbh.

But only if you have full NCB in your own name and are over 30 :)

BTW my quote was less than on a 523 (2.5 liter). I doubt if it would have been less than a 520 (2.0 liter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

The main con of this scheme seems to be that you have to drive a 1 series for 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

8000 miles a year is nothin i got a new car in june and have already done nearly 5000 km.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Someone'll be along with a medal shortly I'm sure. :rolleyes:

impr0v wrote:
    The main con of this scheme seems to be that you have to drive a 1 series for 2 years.

exactly, its daylight robbery anyway, at 4500 and to that u can add fuel at 1500 tax at 350, insurance at 1000 , so u are up to 7500 nearly per annum for low miles. like i said buy a 740i....

Advertisement