Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Rock

Options
  • 23-07-2005 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

CAUTION
    this thread is NOT for metal-heads or pop-punkers.
    this is for real and old school rockers.

who here, (please say theres somebody)
    likes bob dylan?
    chuck berry?
    little richard?
    johnny winter?

right. rock & roll is a white mans R&B, R&B is not the drivvle and **** coming out of your tv's nowadays, beyonce and whatnot.
    R&B stands for rythm and blues.
    can you dig that?

now, old school blues and folk music birhted rock & roll.
    the new blues goes hand in hand with rock& roll
    for example, johnny winter.

most of the good music your going to hear nowadays,
    your going to have to buy.
    old music is the best.
    yeah theres some good bands out there now
    kings of leon, chili peppers, white stripes, the black keys(check them out!)

so please, if theres anyone here who knows what rock & roll is about,
    join the cause!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Have to agree but dont know what the hell all that "white mans RnB" was all about. But you cant go around with a negative attitude about newcomers just because there in the Boyband era, I like Led Zepplin Thin Lizzy Rory Gallagher, but i also like others like Radiohead QOTSA and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

o yeah i like Bob Dylan too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

CAUTION

I suppose it's only his 9th post.

*CAUTION*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OutlawBlues

I suppose it's only his 9th post.

*CAUTION*

excuse me?

care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

yeah theres some good bands out there now

Eh no :rolleyes:. I'm not a metalhead either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Chuck Berry rocked alongwith holly real rock and roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Like Chuck Berry a lot always have..
    didnt know for years that all the songs he did he actually wrote himself - that was a surprise..as many used to basically share their songs around from what I could see. 50's rock and roll was my thing for years as a teen till Horslips somehow came along in my house then Rush and Jethro Tull, and others.
    But again the music on TV today and the radio??..ahh man such crap...and even for me the metal/heavy rock scene is pretty crap,,over aggressive muppets trying to outdo each other on who can be the nastiest looking guys on stage etc etc. :mad:
    So yeahh good to see the original names again...still listen to Chuck Berry from time to time...as for Beyonce and crew!!!!.ahhhh rather lick the road clean than look at or hear muppets like that .

ciao' amigos..Baggio.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Baggio wrote:
    over aggressive muppets trying to outdo each other on who can be the nastiest looking guys on stage etc etc. :mad:

Did you need surgery in order to excrete orally, or does it come naturally?

Karl,
    .....nnnaaaaa just watched you guys doing it and thought *hmm looks easy!* :D ...just my opinion on the metal scene the whole thing makes me wanna puke sometimes so there ya go

ciao' amigo..Baggio...

I was always one to think that you had to have some sort of basis before you could form an opinion?

• Advertisement

Karl,
    ..yes good point my eyes and ears are that basis..find metal, tedious, repetative, annoying, just me !,,,, you luv it good luck to ya..me i dread it..
    I like great bands who open up their sound more..not as i said the same ol same ol that seems to be the metal things these days..boring sods...

ciao'..Baggio........

Honestly, you couldn't be more wrong, but I'll PM you to continue discussion. Don't want to drag this thread off-topic anymore.

excuse me?

care to elaborate?

I found your thread pretty annoying and patronising(most notably in your CAUTION piece)

Why you may ask? I like Metal and Pop Punk and your warning implied that because I do I therefore wouldn't be able to like Old-Skool Rock.

Your choice of new good music, I deplore KOL, really boring sound, Chilli Peppers have gone way downhill. (funnily enough I've had to pay to see both these bands in order to see the pixies!) White Stripes I like on an easy listening level but they're not exactly Thin Lizzy. I don't know the other band you mentioned.

I was going to say this in my first post but then I realised you only had 9 posts and aren't used to the way of these boards.

sorry to be misleading in that.

who i meant were the die-hard metal-heads and pop-punkers, the ones who think they have to be different and that good charlotte is the best and only thing since sliced bread.

do you know what i mean?

I was born stupid

who i meant were the die-hard metal-heads and pop-punkers, the ones who think they have to be different and that good charlotte is the best and only thing since sliced bread.

do you know what i mean?

Some how I doubt any die-hard Metalhead would be too gone with Good Charlotte.

Some how I doubt any die-hard Metalhead would be too gone with Good Charlotte.

i meant pop-punkers. do you know what i mean?

wow karl.

your immature.
    so why did you edit my post?
    becuase you didn't like it?

wow karl.

your immature.
    so why did you edit my post?
    becuase you didn't like it?

You know, someone who asks if I was born stupid is hardly in the best place to call me immature. Your post was a pointless insult, hence it gets snipped. You follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

CAUTION
    Who says you cant be a metalhead and listen to what you describe as 'real rock and roll'? I consider myself to be a big metalhead, but i doubt i would have ever become a metalhead without being exposed to my parents music.

A few bands which i remember from my childhood (and which i dug out only a few weeks ago), particularly from being played on repeat in the car with my parents include the Travelling Wilburys, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Neil Young and so forth.

If you consider The White Stripes and KOL (two bands i cant stand) and RHCP as being real rock, then what about Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo and ZZ Top? Maybe apart from the last two, you will find a bucketload of fans of those bands here.

• Advertisement

do you know what i mean?

I have never met anyone who thinks good charlotte is the best thing since sliced bread. I doubt you have either. I also think you've just decided these people "think they have to be different". That said I'm twenty, if you're 12 or under your experiences might add up a bit better.

You and Rozie would get on well. PM her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Seriously, if you wanted to start a thread about old skool rock you could have done it a lot more graciously. And if you wanted to take a patronising tone you could have at least written a tongue-in-cheek post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

One other thing:

what the hell is with the writing in the first post? Trying to write in prose, man?

ok

can't you guys read all the posts from me before critisising?(ya i know its spelled wrong)

and fibrosis, is there something wrong with the way i write?

karl, i responded to you pointless insult to baggio, with something more sensible. you couldnt take it, so you edited my post.

and i explained who i meant by metal-heads, didn't i?

and anyway, i was talking about all these new metal bands, all there doing is attempting to out-distort eachother, it seems to me.

but hey its my opinion.
    i should be allowed have that without somebody editing my f**king post.

alright?

ok

can't you guys read all the posts from me before critisising?(ya i know its spelled wrong)

and fibrosis, is there something wrong with the way i write?

karl, i responded to you pointless insult to baggio, with something more sensible. you couldnt take it, so you edited my post.

and i explained who i meant by metal-heads, didn't i?

and anyway, i was talking about all these new metal bands, all there doing is attempting to out-distort eachother, it seems to me.

the new bands i mentioned are just some examples of what i think are good new bands, and god almighty where in the hell did i say led zepellin or status quo werent good?

and i never said you can't listen to f*cking metal and old school things as well, did i??

but hey its my opinion.
    i should be allowed have that without somebody editing my f**king post.

alright?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/listens to good charlotte the only thing better than sliced bread.

You only need to post your reply ONCE, OutlawBlues.

None of my posts contained any pointless insults towards baggio. I did however, reply with a tongue-in-cheek euphanism for "talking crap" when he said how Metal bands are trying to out-nasty each other. Surely when Baggio replied with ".....nnnaaaaa just watched you guys doing it and thought *hmm looks easy!* :D" the fact that it was all in good humour would have been obvious, but it just flew right over your head. So, without even taking note of the context, you threw in some dumbassed insults, and that's not on.

Oh, and if someone could explain to me how asking the moderator if he was born stupid could be concievably "Sensible" in any way, shape or form, I'd be thankfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

why hasn't this thread been closed. its nothing more than a showcase of close minded stupidity

skregs wrote:
    why hasn't this thread been closed. its nothing more than a showcase of close minded stupidity

I live in hope that it's salvagable.

• Advertisement

alright, close it. go ahead

the thread wasnt made for you to rag on it, but everyones doing it anyway, close it, please.

i'll make a better one another time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement