Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Netopia Firmware Upgrade Breaks NAT!

• 23-07-2005 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Before I upgraded to their latest FW I had eMule playing nice and always getting a HighID. Now its always a LowID. Tried using the built in profile and creating a seperate profile.

Have the Eircom Modem connected to a LinkSys router so the LAN hangs of the Linksys which routes to the modem on a seperate subnet.

Played nice until the upgrade. Anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Find out the e-mule ports, and port forward on BOTH the nettopia and the linksys to your own PC.

You can probably change the routing/gateway option on the Linksys so that NAT only gets done once by the Eircom one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

Red Alert wrote:
    Find out the e-mule ports, and port forward on BOTH the nettopia and the linksys to your own PC.

You can probably change the routing/gateway option on the Linksys so that NAT only gets done once by the Eircom one.

Thanks Red Alert. Essentially as the router is the only item in the Subnet where the Modem resides the pin holes have been set up on the modem for that router. I have then opened up the ports on the router for the specific IP Addy on the LAN. However the point is the only thing that has changed in the setup is the new Firmware for the Modem. Since that upgrade NAT seems not to work!

Advertisement