Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows XP Network - Prob sharing DVD Drives

• 23-07-2005 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have Windows XP on two pc's (1 is mce). All the file sharing works but not on the CD-ROMs or DVD rewriters.

I get the error message
    " Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

There is a gb of ram on the "server" pc.

When I checked the Microsoft KB it seems to point to a PagedPoolSize problem but when I edit the registry the values already seem fine

This is really out of my league - anybody knows whats goin on?

Thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

ok - found answer on windows newsgroup - really obscure solution - i needed to edit the registry and insert a new key for IRPStackSize - decimal 15.

All that just to be able to share DVD/CD rom drives !!!

Anyways UT2004 is now installing over a wireless network - if it works we get it on the big screen ! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You'd think they would have sorted out that sort of thing once and for all, after the problems in NT4 that you needed SP3 to get working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You'd think they would have sorted out that sort of thing once and for all, after the problems in NT4 that you needed SP3 to get working.

That was almost guaranteed if you installed a new system, installed network drivers or some other drivers that required putting in the NT cd again, the sp3 files were written over so you needed to reinstall SP3 :D

Usually XP shares cd drives fine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm in one of those moods had a 2K machine blue screen and then on the next reboot hang for bloody ages (20 mins) just copying large files ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i know how you feel, today after not being the server room came in to find one server that had a asr event, spent about 30mins debugging memory dumps :mad: i hate mondays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement