Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article] Resignations from IRA Army Council (apparently)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tomMK1 wrote:
    Second problem - decomission? i doubt that will happen. guns will be left buried, just like what happened after the civil war
    And they are still being found at random. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Could adams and his chums be trying to say ''We resigned, if the IRA do anything its not in our hands..? ''

Of course, havent they been angling that way already with their petulance earlier this year with Adams refusing to clarify P O Neills statements. Shure, what doe Wee Gerry know about P O Neill?
    Once again Sand offers these allegations without any proof, I really would love to see you back up those accusations.

Already done it. You accepted that Adams and Co were ranking IRA men. You could offer no evidence that they left. Only your opinion that Gerrys would never lie.....

Hence, going over whats already been established when your opinion is based on a non-logical level of denial is a waste of time.
    I mean ffs I could say “Sand is a drug dealer who is not arrested because he controls a gang of armed men, if he was to be arrested that control would be gone and the gang would kneecap people and rob banks”

You could, but it would only be viewed as probable ( or indeed comparable) if I was imprisoned on drug charges, if I represented drug gangs in talks with governments, if I attended and participated in comemorations for drug gangs, if I carried the coffins of dead drug pushers, and if i endorsed and justified drug pushing and was able to "persuade" drug gangs to allow me to negotiate and they would adhere to the result of those negotiations...

Now if all that evidence was there, you could indeed say it was probable. But there would still be people going "But Sand has said hes not in a drug gang, and despite all evidence to the contrary I accept hes telling the truth, despite not having any real personal knowledge of man".
    I think you could be proven wrong within the next month, we’ll just have to wait and see though

Theres no such person as Santa. FYI.
    It wouldnt surprise me if whatever the IRA decided to do just wasnt good enough. there are many people who seem to have invested so much hatred in Sinn Fein and the IRA that even if republicans did what was asked of them, there'd still be reasons found to keep such arguments going.

I despise the provos and their apologists, but assuming they stop being terrorist scum then I happy. But If people seem apathetic to P O Neills pronouncements its that this was supposed to have been resolved 7 fricking years ago, and theyre still talking about what theyre going to do, rather than actually doing it. Why is a *statement* such a big deal? Its just talk. Wheres the action?

Talk is cheap. P O Neills statement will be another in a long litany of broken promises and vague commitments that actually turn out not to commit the provos to anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Sand wrote:
    Talk is cheap. P O Neills statement will be another in a long litany of broken promises and vague commitments that actually turn out not to commit the provos to anything at all.
    No you're wrong Sand, this time it's for real :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 robertjordan

if one reads certain books( killing rage, eamon collins-informer sean o callaghan- bandit country- tony harnden) one can draw thier own conclusions as to the make up of the oglaigh na heireann army council

but then again !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sorry Robert but I don't see the point in dragging up a year old thread. It's possible that you might have missed the date of the last contribution before yours but it was thirteen months ago.

Locked accordingly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement