Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really ****** off with eircom!

• 23-07-2005 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hello, since last march i have been trying to get eircom to aprove me for broadband so as i can get esat bt. Now my neighbours either side of me have broadband with eircom(by the way this is a bran new estate!). So anyway they gave me a total bull**** of a story about how my line is not suitable and how they couldnt bother their arse to do anything because they do not ganuntree BB
    . Now as you can imanion i well ****** off about the whole thing. If anyone could suggest anything or help me in anyway that would be greatly appreacited. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (sorry for the bad spelling ;) )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

first of all you are not the only one in this situation. on boards.ie there are
    hundreds of horrors stories with cursed eircom.

what to do ? get the FULL name AND location of everyone you speak too....
    take a note of any of their reasons as to why you cannot get broadband...if you
    think they are telling your porkies or trying to get you off the phone...don't hesitate in asking to speak to a supervisor. Don't accept the " i've spoken to my supervisor and he said....." demand to speak to supervisor.

Be nice about it and be patient...you will get somewhere...eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

I'd contact eircon and cite your neighbours who have broadband, and reply their reasoning is unsound. Then dump comreg on them. That should get them moving fast enough then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I am in the same position, the houses on each side can get BB but I can't. Got sick of banging my head against the wall for a year and went with NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Eircom,

through his holiness McRedmond, announced a few weeks back a program whereby they would send an engineer out to fix a problem if they have a firm interest in broadband from the customer. It was originally termed the Amber Program. You might want to talk to someone within the broadband section at Eircom and raise this with them, not all of the staff are aware of it.

HTH

M.

P.S. For more info on this search the ireland offline board.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Deaddude wrote:
    Hello, since last march i have been trying to get eircom to aprove me for broadband so as i can get esat bt. Now my neighbours either side of me have broadband with eircom(by the way this is a bran new estate!). So anyway they gave me a total bull**** of a story about how my line is not suitable and how they couldnt bother their arse to do anything because they do not ganuntree BB
    . Now as you can imanion i well ****** off about the whole thing. If anyone could suggest anything or help me in anyway that would be greatly appreacited. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (sorry for the bad spelling ;) )

Have you any stuff on your iine that may be affecting it such as cordless phones? If so remove it and see if that affects the test results. Dont forget it wont affect it instantly as the tests are only done fortnightly or monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I seem to recall that BT Ireland also congratulated themselves recently on sending out engineers to fix line problems to enable lines, i.e. they tell Eircom to fix it. So you should be able to tell BT Ireland to get it sorted as part of your order. There was a thread about this a month or so ago here. I doubt in reality that they know or will do anything about it, but you can try. Eircom does fix lines, it's just that it takes a bit of work to get them to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

They fixed my lines but it took em nearly 2 years i had to go as a far a emailing Phil nolan im sure if you email him with a complaint letter about your situation and explaining you would place a firm order they will help you out it worked for me.
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Try a wireless card in your pc,one of your neighbours might have an unsecured wireless modem = free broadband !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Try a wireless card in your pc,one of your neighbours might have an unsecured wireless modem = free broadband !

That is just so wrong in so many ways...

Since last march? Try putting up with there lies for three years where Broadband is concerned. At last our main exchange was enabled earlier in the year and our local exchange was 'Supposed' to be enabled at the same time. Some jk that was and last reports was that the main exchange would be enabled sometime in 2006.

em *Message to Eircon* Main exchange is allready enabled you numbskulls!

I sympathise with anyone who has to put up with this bunch of incompetant idiots. There support is ludicrous to say the least. I phoned them once with a yech support query when I had there abysmil jk of an ISDN sewrvice. Turns out the guy doing the tech support only had windows95 to work from, as I was using xp it was little or no help obviously.
    Turned out that the modem they sent me wouldn't work with xp. (I had informed them I was using xp on order). Result was a second modem and the worst nightmare imaginable resulting in a blown hard drive within weeks, loss of 18mnths work and one very pished of me...

Don't bother contacting customer services - just ask directly for Dr. Philip Nolans office. You'll get his secetary who does generally get stuff sorted for some reason. It's worked on occasions for me when I've been faced with one of there 'Robots'.

btw - they also run satelite broadband services via a cork company called 'mediasat'. Not a very well recommended option but it does work ...sort of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

send them this picture;

1116755105_ADSL.jpg

then ask them how come your line fails, while i get 1MBit broadband through that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

It would cost the bones of €2 to fix that connection of yours "mp3guy"!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Mr_Man wrote:
    Eircom,

through his holiness McRedmond, announced a few weeks back a program whereby they would send an engineer out to fix a problem if they have a firm interest in broadband from the customer. It was originally termed the Amber Program. You might want to talk to someone within the broadband section at Eircom and raise this with them, not all of the staff are aware of it.

HTH

M.

P.S. For more info on this search the ireland offline board.
    An engineer has already come out to them and checked the line because I told them to pretend they had a line problem and he told them their line is fine and should have no problem running broadband. When told this the monkeys started trowing feces in the general direction of the engineer and his opinions. When they get through to any one senior they just get a pile of waffle, I've told them to unplug any alarms, tv boxes, wireless phones etc....This has made no effect on their status though they still fail - I don't think it's been a month since then though.....so I'll wait and see if they pass but I'm not going to hold my breath :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

K thats illegal afink.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Its morally wrong...though Im unsure if its illegal.

Someone who has little experience in computers may accidentally connect to their neighbours network and not have a clue they are doing so...while still paying for their own connection and not actually using it.
    It must happen a lot in built up cities.

Advertisement