Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roadrage against the cyclist

Options
  • 23-07-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

yet again i was faced by another engine revving b*stard of a male driver
    i am experiencing a lot of these zero tolerance on cyclist drivers
    wat should i do with these drivers?
    should i retaliate or should i just cycle on?
    if you have experienced this before you will know how annoying this reall is
    plz leave comments but plz hold back on the sarcastic posts plz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

ive been a cyclist and am now a driver, if i was u id retaliate u can always get away on the footpath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I don't think I'm guilty of road rage, but cyclists can be quite frustrating to deal with - mainly because it's difficult to anticipate what their next move is going to be, but also because they can be quite dangerous themselves!

For example, I was driving along on Friday evening, and a cyclist came out from behind a parked car in front of me, and started cycling gingerly in the middle of the road (a main road, I should add), holding a bag of groceries in one hand, and the handlebars in the other. He wasn't wearing a helmet, or reflective tags or anything - he was just going about his own business without any regard for his safety, or the safety of others.

So yes, quite frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Some cyclists are crazy, most drivers don't bother to look out for cyclists and most drivers in Dublin drive in too agressive a fashion to ensure anyone's safety.

Until we start educating drivers properly from the start and using realistic tests, we'll always be a nation of bad drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sleepy wrote:
    Some cyclists are crazy, most drivers don't bother to look out for cyclists and most drivers in Dublin drive in too agressive a fashion to ensure anyone's safety.

Until we start educating drivers properly from the start and using realistic tests, we'll always be a nation of bad drivers.

I'd say the majority of cyclists are crazy and don't obey the rules eithe. When I'm cycling I have as much a problem with cyclists as I do motorists. Same when I drive, both are equally bad. But I agree with you on cyclist & driver education and tests for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

synchro wrote:
    wat should i do with these drivers?
    should i retaliate or should i just cycle on?
    if you have experienced this before you will know how annoying this reall is
    plz leave comments but plz hold back on the sarcastic posts plz
    Report to the Gardai.

This morning I was walking my bike across the pedestrian crossing at Cross Guns Bridge (Phibsborough) and a guy flew through the red lights. I noted his license (I carry a pen and notepad attached to my bag straps) and went directly to Mountjoy Garda Station. If I had dashed across crossing I would have been hit. If it isn't clear - the green man was lit for me to cross.

The Gardai will contact the driver and have a stern word. They can take it further i.e. to court, if you wish.

At the end of May some guy nearly rear ended me (he failed to yield when entering a roundabout I was on) so I made a statement at a Garda station with the intention of going to court (the incident scared the living hell out of me). Unfortunately it took 6 weeks before it was sent to the correct Garda station by which time the guy (and me almost) had forgotten all about the incident.

Summary: Report road rage to the Gardai. Don't mess with me ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement