Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with girlfriend's weight.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Nickibaby* wrote:
    He was my boyfriend I had every right to tell him to lose weight.
    And as his girlfriend he had every right to tell you to **** off and mind your own business. And essentially he did (perhaps only passively by ignoring you).

I know this thread is not about you, but you are a case in point on how not to approach the topic, which you appear to have done with all the diplomacy of an American.

Of course, I’ve been just as bad myself, with similar results, and it should be noted that while preferable, the direct, honest approach is not necessarily the best on every occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

The Corinthian he would had the right to tell me to feck off if that is what he wanted to do. But he didn't what he did was tell me he was going to try his best to lose weight then I would catch him stuffing his face! He was lying to me so if anybody was been treated unfairly it was me.

Of course the approach I first took was tactful, I told him that he had to lose weight for his health. I bought him a gym membership which in the past he did tell me he would like to go to the gym to 'tone up his big bones' or something stupid like that.

Lundi Mardi I have said that it wasn't just because of his health that I wanted him to lose weight. I said I wanted him to lose weight so I would find him attractive again and that we would have a good physical relationship. Which would benefit the both of us. That is what a relationship is about making each other happy. Not take take take from him and giving me a lump of lard to deal with.

Partners who put on alot of weight in a short space of time are not only changing their physical apperance they are changing their attitude towards food and themselves also. I had to deal with him not changing his clothes, underwear regularly not washing his hair. So it's not so much as wanting a trophy on my arm it's more not wanting a tramp on my arm.

Lundi Mardi, the comments I made on my ribs were a genuine health concern and as for calling him a whale yes that was uncalled for whales do swim and exercise it was the weight I was making the comparison with. You are obviously an animal rights activist or something so i am sorry if my comments offended you.

People are attracted to people with of different sizes. I can't help it and neither can the guy who posted here can help it if we arn't attracted to a large body. I have nothing against anybody who is overweight at all. But when a partner changes their apperance into something their partner isn't attracted to they should have respect for their partner and not expect them to put up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Nickibaby* wrote:
    The Corinthian he would had the right to tell me to feck off if that is what he wanted to do. But he didn't what he did was tell me he was going to try his best to lose weight then I would catch him stuffing his face! He was lying to me so if anybody was been treated unfairly it was me.

Of course the approach I first took was tactful, I told him that he had to lose weight for his health. I bought him a gym membership which in the past he did tell me he would like to go to the gym to 'tone up his big bones' or something stupid like that.

Lundi Mardi I have said that it wasn't just because of his health that I wanted him to lose weight. I said I wanted him to lose weight so I would find him attractive again and that we would have a good physical relationship. Which would benefit the both of us. That is what a relationship is about making each other happy. Not take take take from him and giving me a lump of lard to deal with.

Partners who put on alot of weight in a short space of time are not only changing their physical apperance they are changing their attitude towards food and themselves also. I had to deal with him not changing his clothes, underwear regularly not washing his hair. So it's not so much as wanting a trophy on my arm it's more not wanting a tramp on my arm.

Lundi Mardi, the comments I made on my ribs were a genuine health concern and as for calling him a whale yes that was uncalled for whales do swim and exercise it was the weight I was making the comparison with. You are obviously an animal rights activist or something so i am sorry if my comments offended you.

People are attracted to people with of different sizes. I can't help it and neither can the guy who posted here can help it if we arn't attracted to a large body. I have nothing against anybody who is overweight at all. But when a partner changes their apperance into something their partner isn't attracted to they should have respect for their partner and not expect them to put up with it.
    just, just stop posting.

I'm sorry but you are a horrible horrible person. No one has anything against you not finding your partner attractive anymore. That's not an issue, it's your attitude towards it, it's truely SICKENING!

You've now resorted to calling someone you cared about a 'lump of lard', why? What is the point in making stupid childish comments, it's just fúcking moronic.

What exactly do you expect to happen when you tell your 'loved' one that you don't find them attractive? Do you think that they see the light and jump up saying Amen Brother!! Or do you think they become slightly depressed in the fact that the person that they love doesn't like them anymore?

Don't even get me started on your moronic whale comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

would you people kindly get back to the original topic of this thread, ie -
    enough about yourselves and more suggestions for the OP
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Back on topic
    no personal insults
    please read the charter.
    Yes I am warning the lot of ye.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I have tried on many occasions to get the thread back to the original poster but I kept getting rude childish comments made about me and was just defending myself.

I asked him to do something he didn't so he got dumped - simple as. End of story.

I wont be making any more comments on this matter as I have told my side of the story and my opinion of what the original poster should do. If people have different advice to give to him i'm sure he will appreciate the different opionions and make up his own mind at the end of the day about how to handle his own situation.

I would like to apologise to the original poster for my part in what turned out to be a bit of a slagging match.

I won't be looking at this thread anymore so if you have any more judgments to voice about me I wont be reading them.

Best of look with everything origianl poster, hope that you and your girlfriend will work through this so that yous can both be happy x

Advertisement