Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you pay for these parts?

Options
  • 23-07-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at the Dell outlet website, and you could nearly flog the parts for more than the PC Costs.

System Price EUR 1,202.85
    Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

Operating System: English - Win XP SP2 Pro (Backup Media)
    P4 processor 660 (3.60GHz, 800FSB, 2MB cache) - 500
    Memory: 2048MB PC-4200 Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz [2x1024] -300
    Floppy Drive: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
    Hard Disk Drive: 160GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive - 100
    160GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive #2 -100
    Video: 256MB ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum -400
    Modem: V.92 Data Fax Modem Ire/Spn
    CD Read-Write Drive: 16 X DVD +/- RW -40
    DVD Drive: 16x DVD Drive -40
    Software: Microsoft® Works® 7.0
    English - Adobe Reader 6.0
    MISC: Norton Internet Securities 90 day English
    SATA Cable Mod for 2nd Hard Drive

Thoughts?

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

here is a link to a similar post on boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=281653
    personally i think it is good value, i have a dell machine, not ashamed to admit it. i have modded the case and upgraded the graphics card,ram and processor. it works a dream for me. but if i was in the market for a new machine, i would be buying a dell of that spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

With some of the offers on the outlet it would be easy to make a few bucks by selling the parts individually.

For example I picked up a dimension 5000 with 250gb SATA HDD, PCI-E 256mb 6800 gfx, 1gb of ram, P4.2.8 cpu, 16xDVD+/- drive for €320 all in (incl delivery). The pricing is a bit mad, I mean I was searching on komplett and the closest equivalent gfx card (msi 6800 256mb) was €305 on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I picked up a dimension 5000 with 250gb SATA HDD, PCI-E 256mb 6800 gfx, 1gb of ram, P4.2.8 cpu, 16xDVD+/- drive for €320 all in (incl delivery)

That's astonishing :eek:

Looks like you got yourself the deal of the year mate. We should start a thread in the bargain forums like "The very best deal on Dell's outlet" where people will post deals they actually bought, or just links to currently available deals

Go for it, savemejebus, start that thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

unkel wrote:
    We should start a thread in the bargain forums like "The very best deal on Dell's outlet" where people will post deals they actually bought, or just links to currently available deals

Thats a cool idea but would it work? As far as i can see the really good deals are usually snapped up really fast so the thread might end up being a place to go to see the deals you've just missed :o

Advertisement