Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Repair Policy??

• 23-07-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

i recently purchased a motorola v980 and there seems to be a fault in the outer screen (with the light...) it wasnt obvious when first bought, but now when flip is closed it either flashes for ages before turning the light off or the light wont come on its the same when switching profiles while closed......
    well went back into vodafone the other day and was told id have to send it away for a week to be repaired!! i had always thought that if a customer had bought a faulty phone that vodafone would replace the handset or repair the fault and offer a replacement!! but apparently pay monthly customers have all their replacements and i wont be getting one!! this is a joke!! he spent 15 mins opening and closing it in the shop and said he couldnt find anything wrong with the handset!?!?!
    can someone please tell me if im entitled to a replacement or repair???
    cause right now i wanna change networks!! but i love my v980!!! help....?

Comments

It annoys the hell out of me but it seems that with mobile phones you have to opt for a repair. I got a Nokia 6230 a few weeks back and it kept crashing. Despite being a brand new phone I was told it couldn't be replaced and had to be repaired.

Whatever happened to the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act (1980), which states that you don't have to accept a repair!? :confused:

This seems to be the case with any operator, not just Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

u should check their returns policy mate most phone shops its within the forst 28 days if they can verify the fault in the store (ie. see it crash) you can get an exchange straight away as its not fit for the purpose in which its sold after the 28days they can only send it for repair, kinda sucks if your without a phone but well worth a look 2c what ur intitled to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Those V980's are apparently a major liability for Vodafone, they have a high failure rate from what i've heard.
    Now, I bought one a month ago and have had no problems other than it has crashed 2-3 times while watching live video over 3G, but I think I just need a software update.

Maybe that's all your phone needs too? I would go back to the shop and ask them to do a software update and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I got a V980 and it wouldnt make video calls it was sent back twice then a few weeks ago the thing wouldnt charge. It turned out to be the connection on the phone that you click the charger into broke. Anyway they gave me a brand new one and so far no probs. I was offered a Sagem MY-65 but declined it as I still had my old one. Im pay as you go too.

Two points: Vodafones policy is to repair but if it goes back twice in 12 months then on the third fault you get a new phone. I have to say though the first two times it was returned in 5 days.

other point just be careful when plugging phone into charger as its very fragile!!!! I have to say though for the price the V980 is a good phone although Im upgrading to Nokia 6680...you cant beat Nokia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Whatever happened to the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act (1980), which states that you don't have to accept a repair!?

If you write to them and force the issue they will give in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bond-007 wrote:
    If you write to them and force the issue they will give in.

From experience?

Advertisement