Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Double room for rent near DCU.

Options
  • 22-08-2001 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Double room available in a house 5 minutes walk from DCU. One bed is a
    double the other is a single. Sharing with three others in the house.
    Close to shops and bus stops. Available from the start of September.
    Rent is 60 p/w
    Reply if you're interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Noddy

Hey Cliph! I was womdering if the room is for one person or if you are looking for two to share it? Also, How close to town is it? The rent is exactly what I was thinking of!

I'm a 22 year old professional female. Really laid back, tidy, on time with bills and rent and all that jazz! Don't know if it's of any use, but I used to be a chef so I'm handy to have around forr cooking hangover food 'n stuff! Music would be my main inerest but I love a good laugh and a few pints. Plug over!

It would be great if you could let me know what the story is. I've been looking for a while with no joy. Sympathy abound!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Noddy I think Cliph means 60 pounds per week each, i.e. 120 pounds per week for the room. This seems high for non city centre (my 2 cents).

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Cliph

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    This seems high for non city centre (my 2 cents).
    </font>

There's nothing I can do about the price. I'm just a tennant myself and need two people for this room. All rooms around DCU (or at least on the DCU housing list are 60 pounds this year - reguardless of what they were previous years thanks to the wonderful DCU accomodation staff who suggested that Landlords should raise their price to 60 pounds so now they're all even.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cliph:
    thanks to the wonderful DCU accomodation staff who suggested that Landlords should raise their price to 60 pounds so now they're all even.</font>

ya gotta love DCU, finding new ways to screw more money from it's students smile.gif

Insane - Am I the only mutha****er with a brain?
    I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by decob:
    ya gotta love DCU, finding new ways to screw more money from it's students smile.gif
    </font>

I don't see how you think DCU will gain by their students paying more to their independant landlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cliph:
    I don't see how you think DCU will gain by their students paying more to their independant landlords.
    </font>

I'm not suggesting that DCU will gain from student paying more for rent, i just think by the Accom office 'Suggesting' the price landlords are charging is typical of the attitude in DCU, fu<k the students. Its the 2nd yr in a row that i've heard of friends who are being charged more because the Accom office 'suggested' that the landlord should charge more.

Insane - Am I the only mutha****er with a brain?
    I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noddy:
    Hey Cliph! I was womdering if the room is for one person or if you are looking for two to share it? Also, How close to town is it? The rent is exactly what I was thinking of!
    </font>

IT's a double room I'm afraid. The house is near 16 and 13 stops which take about 30 minutes to reach town, depending on traffic.
    If you're interested or have some one you could share with give me a shout.

Is any one interested in this room? It needs to be filled quite urgently.

Cliph/ff
    http://chicks-dig-unix.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

I need a single room in a house near dcu,can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 grennano

Cliph wrote: »
    Double room available in a house 5 minutes walk from DCU. One bed is a
    double the other is a single. Sharing with three others in the house.
    Close to shops and bus stops. Available from the start of September.
    Rent is 60 p/w
    Reply if you're interested.

Hi, I'm a 20 year old girl starting in DCU on the 19th, are there rooms still available? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

grennano wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a 20 year old girl starting in DCU on the 19th, are there rooms still available? thanks

Considering the original thread is 10 years old, I doubt it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement