Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamstress/Alterations person

Options
  • 23-07-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have ordered my wedding dress from the US and it's being shipped over. I need a really good person to do the alterations on the dress, like a professional seamstress, because most places that sell wedding dresses here won't do the alterations for you unless you buy your dress from them. That's completely understandable, but now I have to find an indepentant seastress who will do the work on my dress and one of my bridesmaids. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone they used in the past who did a fantastic job?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hailey

Hi

Newbie onto boards.ie so can you tell me if you found a good wedding dress alterations person? My wedding is in July and I need to get my dress altered.

thanks in advance

Hailey

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

I was recently recommended a place by a friend - I think its called Express Alterations and its on South Anne Street (upstairs above another shop) opposite the Post Office & The Perfume Shop.

My friend got a (very expensive) coat drastically altered there, they did a brilliant job & only charged €25 :)

Not 100% sure they do wedding dresses but might be worth checking out.

Advertisement